This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby thomasdahl771 » Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:18 am

I have started to use bitwarden. Managed to export all my data and import into bitwarden in minutes.

My family and work colleagues too.

So far so great.
thomasdahl771

Postby BobBassitt » Sat Jun 29, 2019 6:45 am

thomasdahl771 Wrote:I have started to use bitwarden. Managed to export all my data and import into bitwarden in minutes.

My family and work colleagues too.

So far so great.

Thanks for the tip. Trialling it now
BobBassitt

Postby nkatsikanis682 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:18 am

Been using bitwarden 2 months and I hate it.

Any improvements to LP in the meantime?
nkatsikanis682

Postby fireball0619 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 12:40 pm

Somehow I haven't received this latest update until now (07/14). I was immediately shocked by the downgraded UI. I use Firefox and when clicking on the LP icon, I noticed the Sites menu option is missing, Auto form fill only works properly intermittently. Auto login the same. I guess I will have to consider using another method for securing my passwords. Even if I could learn to love the new UI, I have to wonder at this point whether the idiots that came up with this 'upgrade' could screw up the security features of the software just as badly. I have been a software developer for 40 years and have never understood why anyone would find it necessary to change a software system that works well and satisfies it's users needs. WAKE UP LastPass develop. This latest version is your Windows Vista!!! Be mature adults and admit you made a mistake, before you lose too many customers. You ain't Microsoft. Windows Vista had no worth competitors. You've got them knocking at the door. Allow your users to restore the last working version of the software.
fireball0619

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 2:06 pm

fireball0619 Wrote:Somehow I haven't received this latest update until now (07/14). I was immediately shocked by the downgraded UI. I use Firefox and when clicking on the LP icon, I noticed the Sites menu option is missing, Auto form fill only works properly intermittently. Auto login the same. I guess I will have to consider using another method for securing my passwords. Even if I could learn to love the new UI, I have to wonder at this point whether the idiots that came up with this 'upgrade' could screw up the security features of the software just as badly. I have been a software developer for 40 years and have never understood why anyone would find it necessary to change a software system that works well and satisfies it's users needs. WAKE UP LastPass develop. This latest version is your Windows Vista!!! Be mature adults and admit you made a mistake, before you lose too many customers. You ain't Microsoft. Windows Vista had no worth competitors. You've got them knocking at the door. Allow your users to restore the last working version of the software.

Your sites in the extension menu are under LastPass Icon > All Items > Passwords. The fastest way to access site entries is through the search box at the top of the extension menu.
jpenny84

Postby wmputnam1009 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:11 pm

I really must echo many of the complaints i read in this thread

The pre-March version was clunky but usable

The update is terrible

The model-A was replaced by the Corvair.

The designers should find another occupation

Bill Putnam
Petaluma CA
Enterprise user on my Mac Book where the application is first rate
wmputnam1009

Postby smh » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:04 am

I, too, just got the update. Though 'sites' is under LastPass Icon > All Items > Passwords, It does not appear to allow me to see sites without folders. So now I have to click, click, click, click, click, click to finally find what I am looking for. Please bring back the old interface! And, yes, I realize that there is a search up top of the extension window where I can type something in, but for years I have been able to get to a site with a couple clicks. No switching between keyboard/mouse. Simple. Efficient, Gone. Sad!
smh

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:58 am

smh Wrote:I, too, just got the update. Though 'sites' is under LastPass Icon > All Items > Passwords, It does not appear to allow me to see sites without folders. So now I have to click, click, click, click, click, click to finally find what I am looking for. Please bring back the old interface! And, yes, I realize that there is a search up top of the extension window where I can type something in, but for years I have been able to get to a site with a couple clicks. No switching between keyboard/mouse. Simple. Efficient, Gone. Sad!

The search bar at the top of the extension menu is faster.
jpenny84

Postby cbrillow » Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:53 pm

Add me to the list of users who have been putting off updating to the 'new, improved' (cough, cough...) LastPass, but have somehow been blessed with it after the most recent Firefox update. :( I visited this forum several times after the March release, and wisely stayed away from the new version after reading the howls of those users bitterly complaining of lost functionality.

Now that my hand has been forced, one thing I noted right away is that there is no ready access to my Favorites, something I use EVERY SINGLE TIME I'm on the 'net, regardless of how long I'm surfing or where I'm visiting. I did stumble into the word Favorites in the new menu structure, but the only option seems to be Open Favorites. Clicking on this was a big mistake, because this opened up a new browser tab for EVERY SINGLE SITE THAT I HAD DESIGNATED AS A FAVORITE! Just what I needed: 20 or more new tabs opening and eating up bandwith and system memory.

I used to admire and respect the original author of LastPass, whose name still appears as a moderator on this forum. His hands may be tied these days, or maybe he just doesn't care anymore, but his product has been horribly broken at least twice in the past couple of years. I used to distinguish 'selling' from 'selling-out'. It now appears that both were done with respect to LP.

I used to also take the word of Steve Gibson and Leo Laporte, who heartily recommended LP, and continue to do so, without mentioning the crippleware it's become. Gibson is another one who has totally sold-out, and left users high-and-dry with a severely-addled Spinrite, that he's been promising to rewrite for about 12 years.
cbrillow

New LastPass extension terrible, un-intuitive and cumbersome

Postby wiseyD » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:45 pm

I just "upgraded" my lastpass extension after being prompted yesterday, I wish I didn't. Now I have to drill down several times just to get to my list of passwords,

You've taken things that are rarely used and placed them on top, increasing the steps it takes to get to things commonly used, like your list of passwords or URLs. Copy URL is gone, launch URL is gone. I may not want to automatically log in especially if I have multiple logins on a single site, I may just want to launch the site without logging in. The flow is broken, its not very intuitive, its extremely cumbersome.

I have to drill down 4 times to get to a password or url.

This is the "Windows ME' or "Vista" of Lastpass. Its like pulling teeth to use it, terrible UX design. I actually hate using it.

I hope you fix these issues VERY soon because I'm seriously considering another password manager. This is terrible. It looks nice but functionally its a move backwards.

Is there a way to revert back to the previous version of the extension?
wiseyD

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback