This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby thomasdahl771 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:23 am

I think I will 1Password a try. Where are they from? Can they be trusted? Just curious who I am entrusting my life to. Do they have access to the data in my Tar Ball and are they as secure as LastPass?

In short. Who are they?

Sure looks promising from their web site.
thomasdahl771

Postby SimplyStated » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:25 pm

thomasdahl771: I had tested 1Password, they're support is around the run of LastPass's unfortunately. They have a good concept though.
SimplyStated

Postby thomasdahl771 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 12:32 pm

I think that I will give 1Password and Bitwarden a go. I had a price question for 1Password and got a very confused answer so I am afraid that their support is also a bit wonky. Still, they answered within 5 hours.

Does anyone have an opinion about bitwarden? And I would of course use the paid version (if there is one). I still believe that you have to pay for these things so that they keep getting developed. Didn't work for lastpass though, did it?
thomasdahl771

Postby dragonglass » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:31 am

I used Lastpass happily for almost a decade. That ended with the March update. The app is now unusable, and has added countless hours and frustrations to my daily work life. This is literally the worst update to any piece of software I've ever seen - by a very large margin.

I saw in April that Lastpass said they'd taken users comments on board and were rolling our rectifications in the next couple of weeks to remedy them. None have surfaced. It's still utterly unusable two months later.

I've absolutely given up having any faith in this company anymore. Numerous friends had already transitioned over to other apps such as Bitwarden. I have finally done the same, and I can advise people there are much better services out there now. I've gone with Bitwarden and it works a charm, but I have also heard good things about others such as 1Password.

Good luck to all frustrated Lastpass users out there. Thankfully we do have alternatives so we don't need to put up with this rubbish any longer.

A message for Lastpass - what the hell happened? You had amazing software that none-withstanding a few niggles worked flawlessly. To say your software team dropped the ball is a huge understatement. They dropped it, flattened it and burnt it to ashes.
dragonglass

Postby thomasdahl771 » Sat Jun 15, 2019 8:35 am

I am getting the same runaround and non working solutions for a different issue. I think that maybe they only have a handful of stock answers.
thomasdahl771

Postby philipjohnson395 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:58 pm

I AM NOW LIVING A NIGHTMARE THANKS LP. You destroyed your program in the March update. I've been wondering for months why form fills weren't working properly anymore, now I know. Your genius team apparently stripped many features and now charges more for premium. What gives? Scrap everything, return and forget! :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
philipjohnson395

A new serious stupidity

Postby randyrock » Fri Jun 21, 2019 6:41 pm

A couple of days ago I posted general gripes about LP deep ineffectiveness.

Turns out I was just scraping the surface.

Today there is apparently a new release. Recently it has become a real pain in the butt to use. Non-intuitive does not cover it.

They have exceeded expectations. I tried to log into my bank. LP kept offering to do something else. LP would not fill my logon by itself so I had to go to the LP little window and do copies.

Silly me, I figured that would work.

Now LP puts up a box that prevents you from pasting items into the bank login window!!!! Because the LP pop-up can not be moved away from covering the desired logon.

I am astonished that even LP could screw this up that much. You can not copy info from LP and paste in the bank login. And you CAN NOT move the Idiotic LP window out of the way.

How can a software creator from a widely used (at the moment) do things so incredibly stupid.

Oh - I forgot. While doing this I could not get LP entries that separate user name/identity and email address. SO on the bright side, I can not use the LP information, but I no longer have to be concerned about not being able to get to the sites I a trying to log on to.
randyrock

Rated highly on at least three reputable sites

Postby randyrock » Fri Jun 21, 2019 7:10 pm

This is mind boggling.

On the bright side, LP won't let me log on to the sites to tell them about their serious defective judgment.
randyrock

Postby thomasdahl771 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:12 pm

Nice sarcasm... Waste of time with this crowd.
thomasdahl771

Postby mark_anderson_us » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:54 am

Anybody found a better alternative. i have last pass family with yubikey. it is now useless. i can;t even do a simple thing like fill out a registration for on web site. i can find all my data and all i have available is Copy, Edit, and luanch. All I want to do is fill out a flippin form.

tired of wasting time on what was a great product and is now unusable
mark_anderson_us

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback