This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby cc102bob » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:00 am

I agree with everything said so far. This update is awful and whoever approved it should be frog-marched out the door! Form fills missing is a big one for me, but all the other crap that makes the user experience awful is just salt in the wound. I, too, will be checking out other products after having used LastPass for many years. UGH!
cc102bob

Changes to the Interface

Postby greg879 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:29 am

Why does the interface keep changing? Please leave it alone, it was fine the way it was.
Now when right-clicking on lastpass I get one list with a few sites and all of my Fill Forms! What is the purpose of this. It is bass ackwards. What was wrong with choosing the menu of what was needed at the time. Why merge everything into one list. I have over 56 Passwords for some sites, what PITA now.
This appears in Chrome and Firefox.
In a addition when clicking lastpass icon in browser toolbar it displays only THREE sites and Form Fills are complete gone. WTH is going on? Seriously how do I get to Form Fills now? Oh I see I have to click three more times to drill down in sub-menu after sub-menu when it used to be one click. That makes sense.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE change it back and then leave it alone, or offer an option for us to custom design how the menus are laid out.
greg879

This last upgrade is bad...

Postby jeffgerhardt7143 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:42 pm

LastPass Team -- I've been with you a long time and have been a fan. This new deployment is a bad upgrade. The database split all my profiles into 2-4 different ones. The ones I need on webpages aren't showing up (especially the credit cards). Can I go back to the old version? This is killing my productivity. Even when the info is there, I have 2-3 more clicks to get to what I need to fill in. The logic for this upgrade escapes me. I cannot understand what benefit came from it except rearranging things.
jeffgerhardt7143

Postby grizzly » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:42 pm

This March update (v4.26.0) is wretched. 50% of my use of LP is Secure Notes. Hence 50% of my interaction with LastPass is: keyboard shortcut to press the LP button in Chrome, type the note I'm looking for, right-arrow & enter to copy the contents of the Note. This is completely broken. Why does right-arrow now behave differently in Notes versus Sites? The right-arrow no longer brings up a menu with copy on it, instead it moves focus to an edit button. Useless. There is no longer a keyboard-shortcut method of quickly copying a Note. I must access via the Vault which takes many times longer and cannot be done using the keyboard-only. What rationale could possibly make that a design improvement?

Plus, as others have mentioned (https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=327925&p=1097615#p1097615), if you choose All Items > Notes, it's no longer possible to copy a note, it just says "Nothing to copy".

I implore you, please make it possible to quickly access the contents of Secure Notes using keyboard shortcuts again. Or, better idea: scrap this terrible update and rollback to the prior version. LP will haemorrhage users unless it fixes this shambles of an update urgently.
grizzly

March 2019 'update' removed all of my Custom Fields data.

Postby andrew917 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:44 pm

The recent update to LastPass (March 2019) has removed all of the data that I had added to my "Custom Fields".

I trusted this VERY IMPORTANT data to LastPass and it has now gone without my consent.

I have been a evangelising user of LastPass but am now extremely unimpressed.

I have contact support but after a week they still don't understand the issue.

Anyone had a similar experience, and if so was it resolved?
andrew917

We Implore you to abandon LP2019 Interface

Postby LouDorner » Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:59 pm

Seriously does anyone at LP think 2019 is actually good and functional?
The response from very experienced LP users alone should tell LP this
2019 Version should be withdrawn, scrapped and the former interface restored.

You could not have beta tested this, no way.

What a convoluted mess this 2019 interface is.
There is not even a choice for data export to multiple file formats. All I see is the default .html option
what happened to the CSV export option?
Come on folks I can't believe that any of the original LastPass creators would think this is
good or functional.
LogMeIn has really borked this up! :? :? :?
LouDorner

Re: We Implore you to abandon LP2019 Interface

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:41 pm

LouDorner Wrote:What a convoluted mess this 2019 interface is.
There is not even a choice for data export to multiple file formats. All I see is the default .html option
what happened to the CSV export option?
Come on folks I can't believe that any of the original LastPass creators would think this is
good or functional.
LogMeIn has really borked this up! :? :? :?

Export is now located at: LastPass Icon > Account Options > Advanced
jpenny84

Postby sfp » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:39 pm

I am echoing the consistent dismay about the March 2019 update. Access to my folders used to be a single click. Good Grief! :cry: What were the developers thinking?! :o
sfp

Postby JNE793 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:22 am

LastPass is a great product, that has made me very happy for the past 3-4 years. However, I agree with Tim Anderson. I already miss having the right-click menu items for copying URL, password, etc. The previous menuing was entirely satisfactory.

I can't imagine that while planning such extensive interface changes the developers didn't solicit user feedback, and at least some of which didn't say, in effect, 'Whoa, back the truck up!' or 'This isn't how you spell Progress'.

To be fair to the developers, their imperative is to grow the product or die. If they're not constantly looking for new consumer needs the product can be adapted to, or grown to meet, some competitor will be happy to 'eat their lunch'. However, in growing the product it is important to not p***-off a significant portion of the loyal user base. Maybe that's the crux of our problem: we're not a significant number... or maybe just not a vocally significant number. (Chime in the rest of you unhappy users!)

Admittedly, 97% of what I want from the product is focused on being able to efficiently create new login credentials, edit and apply them. Perhaps I am in the in-significant minority. But my questions about the menuing changes start with 'Why is Account Options on the main menu when I need it so seldom but would actually find the Passwords option so much more useful there?'

[This is overkill, I know: But when I hover over a site name in my passwords list why does LastPass replace my username with the word LAUNCH in red? If the cursor is left over the site name for more than a second a pop-up appears saying the same thing 'Launch'. Is part of the demographic being targeted by this upgrade the imbeciles?]

Lastpass Developers:
In your rush to make LastPass our Everything vault please don't forsake those of us who mainly just need it to be an efficient passwords manager. Any chance that with the next upgrade you could provide an optional 'passwords management optimized" (What's old is new again!) menu system?

JNE
JNE793

Postby paul550 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:53 am

I am finding last pass under Safarai 12.1 on Mac 10.13.6 unusable!!!!

if is not filling in my password.

it does not save the passwords I generate

it takes me to the app and the app does not easily allow me to copy a password

Just now I am HATING it. Maybe I need to work on learning the app, then again maybe you changed too much. NOT IMPRESSED REALLY NOT IMPRESSSED. make my life easier please
paul550

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback