This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

New Interface Terrible

Postby khogle977 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:42 pm

I too am not happy with the new interface or the service from logmein. I had submitted a ticket and have not heard back. Like many, Lastpass is unusable without having an easier fillform feature, which is what drew me to Lastpass in the first place. Should be able to click once and be done. Now have to choose the right form in order to fill, leaving you to guess sometimes which one to choose. Choose the wrong one and nothing happens. Bring back the way it was, one click without having to worry about which of the forms that are in the drop down are to be used. The customer service is also terrible. Before the sale to logmein, I would hear back the same day as a PREMIUM CUSTOMER. Now, nothing beyond the auto generated reply that they received your message. Might as well be a non-paying customer. :x
khogle977

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby Lokahi » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:11 pm

Have used LastPass for years, but no more. Encountered the issues others have, and switched to 1Password, which is perfect for my needs. Goodbye, LastPass, and no thanks, LogMeIn for destroying a previously fine and reliable product.
Lokahi

Postby theuean » Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:36 pm

I manage a Teams account and have been forced to email our staff not to do the update. If they do, we'll have to switch away from Lastpass entirely as a company, at our cost. Interestingly, some of my critical form fills in my linked personal account are completely gone in the new UI, but if I view them from the old UI in my personal account they're still available. But given how we organized our shares and passwords, the new UI just breaks the usability of Lastpass entirely.

This is a pretty terrible update. We literally just finished an all hands internet security and password manager training session, and now this.
theuean

Postby Marmotmo » Tue Jun 04, 2019 2:11 pm

It's June and the problems caused by the March 2019 updates to form fill are still not fixed. My subscription renews in 2 weeks. Looking for a new password manager that works for form fills like LastPass worked before the update. Any recommendations? Thanks!
Marmotmo

Came here to post about the "Update."

Postby cmbconcretefire832 » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:04 pm

I just wanted to say that I've been a lastpass paying user for going on 3 years now.... and this past update is so ridiculously horrible I am probably gonna cancel. Clearly they've never heard "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Some moron in marketing or leadership / ownership needs to be fired. Asap. The person that convinced the "big wigs" to change the UI.....yeah, that person should be terminated immediately. Throw in the people who redesigned the UI.

I'm generally alright with minor changes to the UI or what not.....but Jesus Christ this is piss poor bad.

Change it back.
cmbconcretefire832

Postby sdg » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:39 pm

Agree with everything said! First reported problems in April and still have no answers. Have had two tickets closed (not by me) with no solution. Last ticket entry was made by Lastpass saying they’d get back to me and then the ticket was closed!!! Still waiting for them to get back to me. Seems that not only the update is bad but the premium service is also very bad. I’d hate to see what non premium service is.... must be very bad.
sdg

Postby thomasdahl771 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:38 pm

Same here. Two tickets opened and closed with no solution. What terrible management. It's such a shame.. Why for the love of all that is holy was lastpass sold to logmein? Lastpass used to be an institution. They had, and seemed to respect, a higher calling.

Now it has all fallen apart!
thomasdahl771

Postby iamericlentz602 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 9:23 am

Yes, yes, yes. Form fill is horrible now. I miss it so much! It is like an old friend got hit by a drunk driver; absolutely tragic.
iamericlentz602

Postby thomasdahl771 » Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:07 am

Why do we think things have gone this far?
thomasdahl771

Postby sac86738 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 9:03 pm

Marmotmo Wrote:It's June and the problems caused by the March 2019 updates to form fill are still not fixed. My subscription renews in 2 weeks. Looking for a new password manager that works for form fills like LastPass worked before the update. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I switched from LastPass Premium to 1Password (paid version) and haven't looked back. It works flawlessly about 95% of the time. Mostly friction-free, and a pleasure to use.
sac86738

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback