This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Removed Feature: Favorited Logins Listed First

Postby BrianLayman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:21 pm

One of the first things I do when sit down at one of my terminals is log into gmail.
I am a consultant with dozens of credentials to choose from for Google. Previous versions of LastPass allowed one to mark a login as a favorite (the yellow star under edit) and then those marked as such would be at the top of any list in which they appeared.

In practical terms this allowed me to list my main personal Google accounts listed as the first three. I could easily click on any of the first three and log in. Now I have to hunt through a long list of accounts just to log in and what is worse because one email address is replaced with the word "FILL" and another is off the screen I have to carefully scroll the list 1 address at a time.

I can understand how this change might be beneficial in a typical 1 account per 1 site situation, but it's really ugly for power users and consultants (who can and do recommend your product to a wide number of clients). It's made all the worse when the most common site to start your day with is the hardest to use.

(BTW it would be a great feature if when the list was open you could hit a number and that would be the account that would log in. Then you wouldn't even need to scroll, you could just tap the number of the login you want 1 through 0 and automatically be logged in from your choice of the top 10 favorite logins for that site)
BrianLayman

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby simon1992 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:26 pm

I honestly can't believe how badly this update bungled usability. Using multiple logins on the same site is awful. It's awful in the toolbar dropdown where it's only showing 2 1/2 items, but it's not that much better in the main window UI. Stop wasting so much space!!! Adding all of the form fill profiles to the same list is terrible too. Just because I have a social security number saved as a secure note doesn't mean that I *ever* want to easily fill it as a form. The Form Fills list is something like 30 frigging items now, and there's so much space between them that it's impossible to quickly scan the names for the ones I *do* want to use.
simon1992

Postby glenn506 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 9:56 pm

I agree the new UI is terrible - please give us an option to revert back to the old Passwords / Secure Notes organization approach. When I use the search box to search for a login (which is 99% of the times I'm searching - now passwords are showing way down a scroll list below various types of notes that may match the search. Or, using the menus, it's now several clicks just to get to my favourites. PLEASE LET ME REVERT!!!
glenn506

Postby FlamingMad » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:07 am

The latest release is a total screwup. It totally screwed with my carefully thought out organization. It takes double the clicks to get to what used to be 1 or two clicks. AND that's assuming I can find what I am looking for.

Feature creep is one thing, creepy features is another.

Stop screwing with a reasonably good product!
FlamingMad

Postby M5 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:19 am

I'll have to agree. This update is pretty bad. One of the bigger losses for me is that we can no longer set up custom fields to fill forms....or maybe it's buried somewhere and I just can't find it.
M5

Postby SeniorBill » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:13 pm

I too am shocked by the complexity of this update.

There is an old saying... if it ain't broke don't fix it. Well... it's now broke.

I hope they're listening.
SeniorBill

Postby rzelle856 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:30 pm

New menus are Terrible I have to through 3 menus now to get to my Login Sites and Recently Used seems to randomly show Notes or my Last Login Sites. Having Open my Vault as a Main selection in the first menu is useless. Please go back to the Original Menus
rzelle856

Postby s16 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:58 pm

The UI refresh was obviously done by someone that cared about it looking "pretty" and "uncluttered" without giving much though to usability. Classic form over function.
s16

Postby LouDorner » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:48 pm

I have been with LP for a lot of years and used to pay for it until LogMeIn took over and doubled the price.
This version is a absolute disaster. I won't bother repeating everything already being complained about.
This is a useless non-functional redesign of something that worked well and is now truly hosed up.

You have to know they examine and do testing on this stuff and I can not believe the original creators of this software could have
bought off or signed off on this.
To me this indicates the original designers like Joe Siegrist may be employed by LogMeIn but have no say in the product any longer.
This is just a incredibly unintelligent modification and it really does not work and increases complexity beyond comprehension.

I can also almost assure you the LogMeIn company is not going to listen to anything complained about here and
will certainly not bring back the previous format. Your choices are basically suck it up or move on.
All long term users like me saw this same thing when LogMeIn initially took over LP several years ago.
The whole team that was allowed to roll out this garbage redesign should be fired it is really that poor.
LouDorner

Postby churchill » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:43 am

This latest "update" is terrible. I now have to click 5 times to get to my Main List. Who thought of this anyway? PLEASE go back to the previous version or at least tell us how to do it. Next time, you need to beta test your new ideas and listen when your users tell you you goofed.
churchill

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback