This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby IntaglioDragon » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:25 pm

I am also incredibly frustrated by the lack of easy access to my Favorites. It's not even an option in my folders list! So Favorites is now meaningless.

I often use LastPass to copy/paste passwords into non-web-based systems. This has suddenly gotten a lot harder to do, since the extension seems to only be optimized for filling information on the page you are currently on.
IntaglioDragon

This March 2019 update is terrible

Postby dmdobs9012 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:08 pm

I use the desktop version. I can't figure out how to get Form Fill or how to manually add a new site!!! I hate this and will probably try to find a new extension that is more to my liking!!
dmdobs9012

Postby srseibs331 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:11 pm

On Chrome, it is irritating to have another level of menu to get to Password folders. I definitely do not consider this update to be an improvement. Password folders on the first menu is recommended.
srseibs331

The April Update

Postby winram » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:20 am

Not a fan.

My biggest problem that is for a security product, you've arbitrarily chosen to opt-in all data for everything imaginable rather than intelligently obfuscate, rendering the entire interface "cluttered" and "overwhelming". Which is precisely the commentary here.

Right click menus and form fill options have moved from having only log in data for the site to having log in data (where applicable), plus all SSN, all bank accounts, all credit cards. The only way to protect the visibility of this data is to create a new identity. This is crazy talk for most use-cases and way beyond the norm.

My recommendation is to change the items that potentially are displayed in menu contexts (ANYWHERE) should be opt-in, like a "make visible in menus" checkbox. I don't even care if they're all defaulted on -- I just want a way to turn this crud off.

Understand that this has usability benefits as well. I have all my credit cards, passport data, ssn, etc in Lastpass for protection, not for USE. I might want to have this stuff be usable in form fills, but like most people on the planet, I have a preference. Why must I see all my options for everything imaginable when I only need one?

Thanks for working to improve the product, hopefully we see some polish on this soon.
winram

Postby besafe » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:19 am

As an ex software programmer, I cannot understand how this has been allowed to go live without significant trial. Any trial using real users would have stopped this going live. After many years paying for this software, I will give it a week to resolve amicably before I will have to move on. I simply can't use it, having recommended it to ALL my peers over a 10 year period. Has it been bought out by the chinese?
besafe

LastPass completely unusable!

Postby rockstar833 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:12 am

Tried like hell to use the password generator to generate a 15 length password. There's NO 15 to choose from. Did you remove the option to create a 15 length password? Moving the little ball around to choose the password length is a pain in the ass!

Form Fill? Where the hell is the option to choose it. I use Form Fill every single day and depend on it heavily. It's one of the main reasons I chose to use LastPass!

It use to be easy to find my list of saved sites if I needed to copy a password. Now I have to click 'All Items - Passwords - None' to reach my list.

Bottom line is, I've been a customer for years and for what ever reason you just hate me. How do I know? Because you keep making LastPass ususuable. I think you want your customers to leave and use another product. Everyone tells you what's wrong with LastPass and how to make it better and useful but you keep mucking it up! LISTEN TO US!!!!!! I need a good form filler and password manager that's easy and useful. Looks like Roboform is my next stop!
rockstar833

Postby vthomas705 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 12:48 pm

The chrome plug in list hides the account name on mouseover and just displays the word "Fill". This is very unhelpful, please show the account names all the time again so it is easier to go down the list of accounts saved for each site. I have several sites that I have to manage multiple logins for and having the account name hidden as I scroll down the list is very frustrating.
vthomas705

Postby JimmyW » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:06 pm

This is indeed terrible! How can I fill a form? For now, is it possible to back to to the previous version? If so, how?
JimmyW

Postby shrikedoa » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:34 pm

Form fill is broken now. All my old Form Fills (now called, apparently, Custom Items) no longer fill out forms.

Also when editing them you can only edit the value, not the form name.

I use these daily as part of my software dev job, so this is impacting badly.
shrikedoa

update

Postby jerry772 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 2:17 pm

I do not know what you did to the old last pass but you certainly screwed it up...lost some of my entries...will see about a different program to manage passwords.
jerry772

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback