This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby sdg1313 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:45 pm

Where is the official response from the Company outlining the path to resolving all of the issues listed? What is your plan to build in quality control, beta testing, and feedback before launching or removing features in your production pipeline? What is your plan to never make these mistakes going forward, specifically, breaking key functionality which your Customer directly depend on. Your service is broke, are you treating this as a high-severity event? If you don't communicate, admit your mistake, and identify the path forward, you will lose the trust of your Customers. You are now on the clock and your users will abandon your services going forward if this is not addressed. I, like many others are the primary voice of recommendation for our family and friends. You will lose us and all of those we influence if you don't provide a strategy to fix this service.

Treat this like an outage, because from a functionality standpoint and Customer impact level, it is. I expect an email from your company to all users outlining the changes, issues, and remediation in progress. I expect a stickied tracking post in this forum where you will communicate the status to resolution. I expect going forward, you establish the correct Development and Operations Support models for managing your products.

You have a chance to earn back trust, but it is a short window.
sdg1313

Postby justanotheroldguy » Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:59 pm

I totally agree. I've reinstalled an older version of the add-on for Firefox, but it's still totally f****d up all my sites !!!! I'm starting to look for another password manager immeidately.
justanotheroldguy

Last Pass update 4.26.0 is ABSOLUTELY UNUSABLE.

Postby tom14 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:21 pm

What the hell have you done. I don't even recognize the program. The right click menu on chrome is completely screwed up. What have you done to my simple form fills?????????????????????????????????
tom14

Postby tom14 » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:30 pm

I agree this update is horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What happened to my form fills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????????
tom14

Postby cdmtoday » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:10 am

LogMeIn has as long history of buying and "improving" products. Sadly these improvements normally do not end well. I have been a LP user for many years. This update is a disaster. Now with over 600 passwords and secure notes, changing is no small task.

I RESENT BEING AN UNWILLING AND UNPAID BETA TESTER FOR A DEEPLY FLAWED VERSION.

THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE.
cdmtoday

New Version

Postby kevindmoore » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:51 am

I'm not sure what is going on, but the new version seems pretty much unusable. In the upgrade I lost a debit card and I can't seem to have the system fill in forms. I had to edit the credit card and copy and paste each field.
kevindmoore

Postby LittleDude » Thu Apr 11, 2019 12:55 am

Like everyone else I would like to say this update is shit. I keep checking the forum waiting to see a response from the developers but to no avail.
Also like others I'm testing the alternatives. I used to have a premium account...so glad I don't anymore.
LittleDude

Re: New Version

Postby mucko68 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 4:18 am

Im not sure either what has happened who here ever approved this update needs their head to be read how do i change back to the old version. I cant seem to find anything anymore ;-(
mucko68

LastPass Chrome Extension Update

Postby zuon2017296 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:02 am

Dear LastPass Developers,

My Chrome extension for LastPass just updated today and I was horrified to find out that the simple, elegant one click interface for autofilling or copying a password for a site has turned into a labyrinth of popup menus. Please, please I beg of you to revert this HORRIBLE UI change back to the former interface as the new "improved" interface is a joke.

Thanks,

A long time LastPass user who is very concerned.
zuon2017296

Postby michael102 » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:34 am

Does anyone at Lastpass actually use this product? Did people sit in a conference room and really think that these changes were an improvement? Now, when I have multiple accounts, I can't see which account I'm using because a huge "LAUNCH" message obscures the account name. Horrible UI. Things that they should have taken care of went ignored. You know..things like us being unable to be click on a fill for any account that has a "show" button on their form field, or just even adding a simple "show password" or "copy password" to the Desktop tool they way they have it on the mobile tool. Again...maybe the decision makers at LastPass should try using their product. If they did, they would know this.
michael102

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback