This March 2019 Update is Terrible

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: This March 2019 Update is Terrible

Postby lpuser718 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:11 pm

Agreed this update is plain horrible and the user experience now negatively impacts any productivity. Return old version with favorites ASAP please.
lpuser718

Postby arakish » Sun Mar 31, 2019 5:54 am

New features give me a right click menu that put my credit details on display with everything listed twice !!!!

When I use a jobsite like brassring, which has multiple logins, I have a list of 50 logins, which fills my screen and make it unusable

How do I go back to the old version?

I know software engineers have to justify their salaries by updating things but this is way too much. The last update was bad enough, adding a stage to get when I wanted to but this is a shambles
arakish

Postby julesmcn845 » Sun Mar 31, 2019 10:03 am

I agree... HORRIBLE.... :twisted:

I have to open my vault to use my favorites one at a time...something I do EVERY DAY to reconcile accounts. I don't want to open them all up at once!

Please replace the Favorites on the drop-down, it was so very useful.
julesmcn845

Postby justinl73 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:18 am

Just look at all the first time posters on this thread. People like me who have never had an issue before coming to the forums in anger. LastPass really stuffed this up.
justinl73

Postby alexpb1218 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:33 am

Is anyone else having an issue of sites not being autofilled?

I often open up a bunch of chrome tabs at once and in the past LastPass would always autofill the pages for me (if I had set up an autofill for that site).
However now I find 75% of the time when I get to the next tab, nothing is autofilled.
Sometimes if I hit F5 and refresh, it will properly autofill it as long as the tab is in focus. Sometimes I have to refresh 2-3 times before it will autofill automatically.

This never used to happen and it's so annoying when I go to open 30 tabs and find 20+ of them have not been properly autofilled.
alexpb1218

Postby tsa17b » Mon Apr 01, 2019 8:50 am

Wow!

I just went to use the Form Fill function for the first time since the update and IT ISN'T THERE!!!

This is totally insane. When I dug down, through many menu steps to find my charge cards, they were all there but indicated they had Never been used, even though I've been using LastPass for years and years.

This is a terrible update.

I've been happy with LastPass for a long time. But, unless they bring back a usable interface, I'm beginning the search for a new password keeper.
tsa17b

Postby neeto » Mon Apr 01, 2019 11:51 am

Yea where are the favorites?

This is ridiculous and I am going to cancel my subscription and switch to another service if this is not fixed.
neeto

Postby jrkriley » Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:19 pm

Who in their right mind thought that getting rid of the folders right away in the drop down was a good idea?! And, no favorites folder anymore at all except in the vault?!! Unbelievable. Never had problems before and never posted in the forum before and this move, if not fixed immediately, is going to have me looking for a new password manager despite many years as premium subscriber. Just stupid.
jrkriley

Postby julesmcn845 » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:11 pm

FYI, Bitwarden does a lovely job of importing from LastPass and it's free. Testing it now.
julesmcn845

Postby quisiam » Mon Apr 01, 2019 1:29 pm

My Monday is being quite thrown off by this new update. I manage email accounts for about 20 different clients, and the new update is just not working for me.

Issue #1:
I liked how the previous version of the plugin would sort logins by frequency of use, making it easy to login to my most frequent client accounts. I don't like having to search through the accounts to find them now.

Issue #2:
I don't like how small the password popup is. I use a 27in iMac and the popup would be much more useful if I could see more than 4 accounts without having to scroll. If you could make better use of screen real-estate on larger screens, that would be lovely.

Issue #3:
Combining the copy password, email, and url buttons into one is bothering me. I preferred how the old plugin had separate buttons for email and password. The extra step of having to click the copy button followed by "copy password" just isn't working for me. Please bring back separate buttons.
quisiam

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback