My Issues with LastPass that make it unusable

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

My Issues with LastPass that make it unusable

Postby sean468 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 5:13 pm

Having to enter the vault to get to advanced functions. When compared to RoboForm you can click on the pop up and do so much more without having to dig into another page
Delay between changing settings in the vault and it applying to the plugin
No Domain level settings. If I have multiple accounts at one address, but I want to disable auto fill, I have to disable it on all of the profiles... sucks up too much time.
subdomain filtering requires extra steps, should work by default or be easy to enable
No way to rename a password on creation, have to edit afterwards

Essentially you need to be able to do more with the plugin and not dig layers deep in the web dashboard.
sean468

Re: My Issues with LastPass that make it unusable

Postby Snowgoose » Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:16 pm

I have to agree. I can't understand why it gets such high review scores. This is my first serious attempt at using a password manager but I find it very clunky and hard work. Here are the reasons I am having to give up on it:
I have several Office 365 accounts but this will only log me in to the default one every time (Office 365 tends to over-rule it)
Ditto for MS Outlook online
If I change my password for an email account, it asks me if I want to update it. I click YES but it doesn't update until I log out and log in again
Logging in to LastPass takes around a minute. I know that doesn't sound a long time but it is if you just want to check emails quickly.
Tiles in the "Sites" area are poorly arranged and not east to find quickly the website you want.
Form filling works about 50% of the time. The first site I tried it on put "Mr" in the Firstname field, my first name in the Lastname field.
The idea is great but the implementation is poor (too fussy and not straightforward enough for me).
I have now spent around 6 hours and have about 6 accounts on there, 2 of which don't log in properly.
Snowgoose

Re: My Issues with LastPass that make it unusable

Postby jrousseau4472785 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:18 pm

I agree with both people,uses sooo much of my time and is sooo unintuitive , (what is Chrome portable BTW?) and being forced to sole rely on using my Chrome extension for my Google Pixlebook unlike Windows and Mac's where there's downloads for and offline vault ..completely unnecceptable.
jrousseau4472785

Return to Feedback