trouble ticket is derailed

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

trouble ticket is derailed

Postby flapjack833 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 6:13 pm

I have a Premium Support Ticket: PUWHD4CDR317. It is stalled in the cue because somebody has misclassified it as a Safari issue.

Obviously I can't use that LastPass account to submit this post because I don't have access to its password. That might be Irony.. possibly not.

I tried posting this to your troubleshooting section but it just appears to bounce attempts to create a new post.
flapjack833

Re: trouble ticket is derailed

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:01 pm

LastPass support agents for the most part no longer contribute here. You will either have to keep updating your current ticket, or open a new one and hope for better results.
jpenny84

Postby flapjack833 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 11:39 pm

The benefit of Premium for me was the support - I don't mind if LastPass sets stringent security policies which are capable of handling VPNs. In light of Equifax and Marriott I encourage it. Such policies require skilled support people that can resist human engineering. Not easy to find.

I just checked the trouble ticket again to check for progress. They have managed to change the email on the support ticket to this one and set the Premium status to Inactive. The ticket appears to be, effectively, inoperative. LastPass support is obviously a bit frazzled.. possibly a manager has hit them on the head with a photocopier. Someone should call to make sure they are ok and the photocopier still works :).

I've had LastPass Premium for quite a while.. probably over five years. I don't mind paying for peace of mind. This isn't that. Shoving support tickets into bins then filing them under infinity may suit some metric model but nobody is going to pay for that long term. Well.. maybe somebody.
flapjack833

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:23 am

I have a hard time believing that LastPass changed your ticket classificaiton. In the ticket creation wizard, Safari is right above Chrome in the browser type list. Are you absolutely sure that you didn't inadvertently select that browser?

With regards to your premium subscription, you either have a second account under your billing email, or you need to have support tie your billing email with the account that you actually use. You'll have to figure that one out on your own.

Nobody's apparently replied to your ticket, likely in part to the constant updates every few hours. I would just close that ticket out and make a new one. Don't speculate, just list the facts of your problem and be patient for a reply.
jpenny84

Postby flapjack833 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 1:02 am

Well.. i followed the original trouble ticket link from the original email. It's possible that some state was kept in the browser/extension relating to this account which led it to access the ticket using the wrong account. Don't know.

Meanwhile, on a hunch, I tried a slight variation of the password and it was accepted. I don't know why the password reset attempts failed or the support ticket didn't take but it's, fortunately, not an issue now so i'll close the ticket. It has been a useful fire drill, in any case.
flapjack833

Return to Feedback