Forum error and support email delivery failure

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Forum error and support email delivery failure

Postby owdaddyyourehurtingme » Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:28 pm

Just wanted to let someone know what happened.When I hit preview when typing a reply I got the following error message

It appears that you have submitted data we've judged as suspicious.

If you think what you did should have worked please email us at support@lastpass.com.

So I started writing up an email but also went back to try to figure out why my post was getting flagged. I found the cause and wrote the following email.

Subject: "Request Denied" when trying to preview a forum reply
Date: 11/9/2018 12:10 PM
To: support@lastpass.com

I was trying to reply to a post and when hitting preview I was getting request denied. I eventually figured it out. I was trying to use a list, and if you hover over the "List Item" button it has the hover text of List item: [*]text[ / * ]. So I laid out my list and used the syntax that the tooltip showed. However it looks like that syntax is what was causing the error. When I removed the ending brace for each list item it worked fine. I guess the tooltip needs to be updated.

I had to modify the section after "List item" and add spaces in the ending tag so THIS post wouldn't show the "suspicious data" warning. Now I just received a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)" email from <mailer-daemon@googlemail.com>. Here is the body of the email.

Message not delivered
There was a problem delivering your message to support@lastpass.com. See the technical details below.
LEARN MORE

The response was:

Your email to group support@lastpass.com was rejected due to spam classification. The owner of the group can choose to enable message moderation instead of bouncing these emails. More information can be found here: https://support.google.com/a/answer/168383.

Anyways. I'm just trying to give some feedback, report issues, their cause, and some solutions. I know how helpful it is when people do that for me. But you guys kinda make it difficult to send any feedback. I couldn't even post a screenshot of the offending text because you have images turned off. Which wouldn't matter if I could write out the text that caused the error, except that causes the post to fail. Normally I'd post this to the bug reports section. Except one bug report turned into two. Then that turned in to three. So instead I'd like to provide some feedback.

Make it EASY for other people to help you. Remove barriers to entry. Enable additional reporting. Create an issue tracker. Allow image attachments. ANYTHING. Cause honestly most people would have stopped trying to be helpful after encountering the hurdles I have. I mean, seriously, images not allowed in the bug reports section. It's like you guys want to make it harder on yourselves.
owdaddyyourehurtingme

Re: Forum error and support email delivery failure

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:21 pm

Some special characters and/or anything that looks like malicious code is sometimes flagged by their forum firewall, creating the error. They probably won't do anything about it, but you can always complain through the ticketing system:

https://www.lastpass.com/supportticket.php
jpenny84

Return to Feedback