Share password with others

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Share password with others

Postby HamiDLastPass » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:25 pm

Today I realized when I shared my password with someone else and keep the password secret but if the other person has a chrome password manager. Then he/she is able to see the password which I shared with him/her.
I would like to know is this only my issue or others face with the same problem?

To check this issue just you need to share password with someone else then in other person browser just try to enter with shared password if you use chrome or other browser the password manager pop up will ask to save the password and unfortunately that person can see your shared password.
I hope I could explain the problem.
Looking forward to solve this problem
HamiDLastPass

Re: Share password with others

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 5:38 pm

LastPass has no control over a password once it's released into the browser. If someone using browser tools or another password manager to reveal or capture a shared password is a concern, then you should exercise discretion before sharing.
jpenny84

Re: Share password with others

Postby FlyingHawk » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:13 pm

"Sharing password without the sharee seeing it" is inherently an impossible feature.
FlyingHawk

Return to Feedback