Last Pass Extension overrides native fetch

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Last Pass Extension overrides native fetch

Postby jamesmfriedman201 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:59 pm

The last pass extension overrides the native window.fetch. It should only patch it if it is unavailable.

This has unintended consequences for some codebases and took me forever to track down.
jamesmfriedman201

Re: Last Pass Extension overrides native fetch

Postby nafrack543 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:04 am

Yep. And as noted in my own post, does not retrieve properly when there are multiple user logins for the same site.

Also, I think that LastPass prefers to ignore subdomains, because I have to manually add to the vault for x.mydomain.com and y.mydomain.com when www.mydomain.com already has an account and password stored. Password updates go awry with this too.
nafrack543

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:09 am

nafrack543 Wrote:Yep. And as noted in my own post, does not retrieve properly when there are multiple user logins for the same site.

Also, I think that LastPass prefers to ignore subdomains, because I have to manually add to the vault for x.mydomain.com and y.mydomain.com when http://www.mydomain.com already has an account and password stored. Password updates go awry with this too.

LastPass has always by default matched by second level domain. Use URL rules if you need to separate logins within a certain domain.

https://support.logmeininc.com/lastpass ... s-lp040008
jpenny84

Postby jamesmfriedman201 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:48 am

I don't want this to get off topic. I'm specifically talking about a code level issue for developers.

Last pass should NOT override window.fetch under any circumstance other than polyfilling it if it is not available. Currently, it overrides the native fetch in browsers that have it. I would like the developers to chime in on this.
jamesmfriedman201

Return to Feedback