iOS 12 with Autofill loses the ability to fill most sites

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

iOS 12 with Autofill loses the ability to fill most sites

Postby JoshFink » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:10 pm

While I love the ability to use autofill very easily in iOS 12 the functionality just seems borked to me.

Most sites that I have saved username/passwords for won't fill, it asks me if I want to fill out the password for "Unknown username" and then when I do it fills nothing in.

Looking at the information inside of LastPass mobile I see no data in Username or Password but if I click "view more fields" I see the proper data in login_email and login_password.

These work great on the desktop but only after I copy the data from login_email and login_password back to Username and Password does it work properly.

Is anyone else seeing this or is there something fundamentally wrong with how I'm doing it?

Here is a image of what I'm seeing.
http://i.imgur.com/P3ZBHLQ.png
JoshFink

Re: iOS 12 with Autofill loses the ability to fill most site

Postby myTBrealtor » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:00 pm

I have not been able to figure out why there are two locations where the username and password may be stored. It seems to have to do something with page specific login boxes and what the fields may happen to be called on that site.

That said, ALL of my Sites have the main username and password fields populated with the appropriate credentials upon creating the site. If they are not there when you add a new site, best to add them there at that time or you may very well encounter issues like the one you are experiencing.
myTBrealtor

Re: iOS 12 with Autofill loses the ability to fill most site

Postby JoshFink » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:18 am

myTBrealtor Wrote:I have not been able to figure out why there are two locations where the username and password may be stored. It seems to have to do something with page specific login boxes and what the fields may happen to be called on that site.

That said, ALL of my Sites have the main username and password fields populated with the appropriate credentials upon creating the site. If they are not there when you add a new site, best to add them there at that time or you may very well encounter issues like the one you are experiencing.

Thanks for the reply. I appreciate the update.

It does seem strange that most of mine are not responding that way.

If you have time, could you check to see if this works on Marriott.com? I can reproduce this over and over again with Marriott. I even deleted it totally from the server the other day and then resaved on the desktop, in Chrome, and then opened it up on LP for iOS and it was saved incorrectly.

Thanks
JoshFink

Return to Feedback