LastPass extension 184.108.40.206 simply does not work with Safari version 11.1
I have been reading the comments and this problem appears to have started summer 2017, on earlier versions of Safari, and continues unfixed to THIS DAY....
I do not know whether Apple are blocking LastPass in Safari or whether LastPass have a useless extension which they cannot fix...
1. I have LastPass extension 220.127.116.11 installed as an extension in Safari 11.1. The icon shows in the tool bar.
2. I click in the icon, and am invited to log in (I have already created my LastPass account). I log in.
3. I need to import my Safari passwords into LastPass.
4. I click on More Options/Advanced/Import...
5. It invites me to log in AGAIN. Why? I am already logged in (see step 2) It does not offer my login ID. Why? I am registered. I log in again!
6. It responds, after a noticeable wait, with "This can only be run if you're logged in to LastPass in the add-on or if you're on the website and using https" WHY?? I am already logged in (see steps 2 and 5) Why does LastPass offer to 'import', and then say I cannot run
'import' because I am not logged in? Why did it offer to import, then?
You must be getting my drift, by now. It is completely stuffed.
It also offers 'Go To My Vault" - whist claiming I am not logged in. How can I go to my vault if I am not logged in?
7. I go to my vault. I am back where I was in step 3. Again I am offered More Options/Advanced/Import..
8. This time (!) instead of inviting me to log in AGAIN, it shows an IMPORT page, and asks me to 'select'. I select 'Safari Password Manager' and then UPLOAD.
9. It then shows a window which says "Passwords from Safari Password Manager can't be imported from this page"
What do they mean - 'this page' - I made a selection from a LastPass menu!
"Instead, install the LastPass Safari extension, then go to - Tools - Import and choose Safari Password Manager." Which is what I have just done. Twice.
10. What is also interesting is that if you examine the 'vault', there IS NOTHING THERE LABELLED TOOLS.
11. What there is, is ...More Options/Advanced/Import... but if you go there you end up in this endless cycle of utter, endless nonsence.
12. It seems to me that LastPass do not know their own product and appear to have no intention of getting it to work on Safari, or....
13. ...Apple have worked successfully to block it.
14. Does anybody disagree?