What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.
Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist
So I created my account and signed up for the family trial. I then did the next logical step and added family members to my family dashboard so they would receive the invites to join the family. The first thing that went wrong is they didn't receive the invites. I had to go back to the dashboard and click resend a few times before they finally got an invite. When they clicked the link in the email, it took them to the LastPass sign-on page where they supposedly would create their accounts to be added to the family. However, an error is displayed saying the email is already in use. I assure you it is not (other than me entering the email to add them to the family to generate the invite). So I'm stuck in a loop with tech support who is telling me to delete my wife's account, which doesn't exist yet, so she can create her account. Unbelievable.
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:31 pm
FWIW: I think an account is created for them with a default password when you invite them to the family. My wife accidentally created a new account out of that invitation email and didn't get the duplicate account error however her account was not part of the family until she went back and clicked the correct link at the tail of the invitation email (near the temporary password).
- Posts: 2
- Joined: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:12 pm
1. Delete the invitee account [https://lastpass.com/delete_account.php], answer "No, I don't remember my master password", confirm deletion, and wait for sometime for servers to update.
2. Register a fresh account.
3. Only after your account is created, accept the invite received in mail and confirm addition to family.
4. Note that accepting a family account invite requires a user to have an existing account.
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:08 am
Return to Feedback
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests