Last Pass works really poorly in Firefox 57+

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Last Pass works really poorly in Firefox 57+

Postby hj17 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:37 am

This is true. i do understand the challenges of updating an extension when a browser updates. But I regularly try out other applications on the side just to see how Lastpass compares. Presently, other password managers have updated faster than Lastpass... It's extremely frustrating, to know that the service is getting more expensive but the service is getting worse and worse because LP cannot keep up with updates and fix the little bugs quickly.
hj17

Postby orerockon » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:27 pm

Has anyone found a fix for paypal? I have 2 accounts so can't do autofill. Also there is no lastpass options box, it's like it doesn't recognize the login screen at all. I have both usernames in lastpass with no autofill and no saved password. I just want the username choice to show up.
orerockon

Postby BlueSky » Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:39 pm

I agree that some of the differences between the Chrome and Firefox extensions are annoying, particularly that in Firefox doesn't seem to autofill as well as does Chrome, and I can't easily copy the password in Firefox but must Edit, unhide the password and then copy.
BlueSky

Postby jpenny84 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 8:58 pm

BlueSky Wrote:I agree that some of the differences between the Chrome and Firefox extensions are annoying, particularly that in Firefox doesn't seem to autofill as well as does Chrome, and I can't easily copy the password in Firefox but must Edit, unhide the password and then copy.

Windows and Mac users simply need to install the binary component to have copy and paste options from the extension:

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=3206
jpenny84

Postby rrosti580 » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:06 am

I'm using Chrome and had a similar issue. Lastpass would not enter the password from lastpass automatically. I was searching in the forum for an answer and did not see any. What I did was delete Paypal from LastPass, signed into Paypal myself and Lastpass asked if I wanted to save this "new" location. Lastpass saved Paypal and subsequent logins worked fine. My ignorant guess is the same for any software I've ever touched, none of them have perfect code. I have absolutely no proof but maybe these problems may have started when I tried to used auto password change through "LastPass Security Challenge". When I used "Security Challenge" I have gone to fixing each of them manually. My guess is that lots of companies have put in code to prevent "computers" from changing passwords and then inadvertently they attach some code that makes Lastpass fail. I would love to hear from a software engineer or this subject. Not sure if this solution would work for Firefox so apologies in advance.
rrosti580

Previous

Return to Feedback