Syncing between devices SUCKS

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Syncing between devices SUCKS

Postby tehmark » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:39 pm

I've been waiting for my updated password to sync for 20 minutes now. There doesn't seem to be any way to force the sync. I'm getting tired of having Lastpass fill a new password for me, ask me to update (which i click yes), and then have Lastpass completely forget the new password it set. I've used this for 4 or 5 years. The last year has been terrible for quality and consistency. When my premium expires, I'm moving to a new product.
tehmark

Re: Syncing between devices SUCKS

Postby jonat » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:47 pm

I haven't seen the syncing behavior - I use LastPass on six different devices and it all syncs well. Sometimes I have to tell the app to "refresh the vault" if I made a change recently on another device.

That it is not saving passwords it says it is saving is a different issue.
jonat

Postby madLyfe » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:12 pm

i have the same behaviour. if i make a change or add something to my vault on one device and want it to show on the other i need to log out on the other device and back in to see it. same goes with updated share info.
madLyfe

Postby chrs424 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:24 pm

Logging out and back in is an horrific way to resync. Is there really no button to hit on devices to get them to sync? I have a pending invite from A DAY AGO that still doesn't show in Chrome. This is awful sync behavior so I can't imagine there not just being a button. Even Xmarks has a sync tool.
chrs424

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:23 pm

chrs424 Wrote:Logging out and back in is an horrific way to resync. Is there really no button to hit on devices to get them to sync? I have a pending invite from A DAY AGO that still doesn't show in Chrome. This is awful sync behavior so I can't imagine there not just being a button. Even Xmarks has a sync tool.

If you don't want to log out and back in, then use the refresh sites option in the extensions and mobile apps, starting with the device or computer you first made changes on.
jpenny84

Postby Rhys » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:44 pm

use the refresh sites option in the extensions and mobile apps

Took me a while to find this. It's in "More Options" -> "Advanced"
Rhys

Postby scovos112 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 7:01 pm

Is it called ‘Refresh Vault’ for the iPhone app?
scovos112

Return to Feedback