Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag

Postby MadScotsman » Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:44 pm

I simply can’t impress upon you how to unbelievably SICK I am of being nagged and spammed to DEATH. I’m at the point where I’m actively looking for alternatives to migrate to and I’m more than willing to pay more for a platform that will simply STFU an manage my keys. Every, single, time, I log in I’m nagged about how long it’s been since I changed my MP. I was FORCED to sign up for the GD Family trial, given a screen with no opt out. Then every time I logged in I was NAGGED about my MP and then NAGGED about the Family trial. I DELETED the GD Family trial and you started SPAMMING my email within SECONDS.

Enough already.

You’ve gone from a great app at a reasonable price to being, frankly, annoying.
MadScotsman

Re: Nag, Nag, Nag, Nag

Postby dlorde » Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:43 am

dlorde

Postby allanonmage372 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:10 pm

+1 for OP
allanonmage372

Postby 40grit » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:56 am

I am soon switching to Keepass because of the obnoxious pop-ups LastPass generate. I paid my fees, I don't need an UPSELL!

Although KeePass not a ton of features, it has lots of plugins . It is open source / free and highly devloped. https://keepass.info/download.html

You can export your content from Lastpass and save the content in Note Pad. Then open Excel or Libre Office Calc (free), import the saved Note Pad file as COMMA DELIMITED, and then save as a .csv. with a name similar to lastpassexport.csv You can then import the csv file into Keepass. I added the plugins for firefox and chrome, I am on my first day of testing and it's running fine.

Pros:
Your data is NOT on a database in the cloud
Free opensource fully developed software
No Nag Screens or popups
No yearly fee.
Powerful password generation and encryption

Cons:
Must have moderate computer skills
Takes a bit of setup

Don't forget to back up the database.
40grit out
40grit

Postby 40grit » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:48 pm

Day 3 of testing Keepass, an open source password application. I also picked up extensions of Bitwarden for firefox and chrome. Everything is running fine, I am very impressed with Bitwarden, and have had only minor bumps in the road with Keepass.

Keepass, being local I(NOT stored in the Cloud) , will store all my banking and shopping info. Bitwarden is quickly learning from Keepass and I am going to use Bitwarden for logins that are not financial or shopping related.

Oh, and no up sell or popups for a service I already paid for.

Bitwarden is an easy to use app. Free. https://bitwarden.com/

Keepass takes some moderate internet and computer skills..... youtube has a ton of tutorials too. https://keepass.info/

40grit
out
40grit

Return to Feedback