subdomains & multiple logins per subdomain are disregarded

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

subdomains & multiple logins per subdomain are disregarded

Postby axxies » Sat Oct 28, 2017 11:52 am

There is an old saying: if it works, don't fix it. This is very much the case with LastPass. Why do you fix things that worked already?

The last thing the LastPass team destroyed was to remove the green bar at the top where i could edit the site's settings before I saved it and they replaced it with the annoying popup that just asks whether to save or not. Before this, I had the chance to edit the site's login data before storing it. So when having domain names with multiple accounts per subdomain and multiple subdomains, this is now harder to handle.

In many cases this probably works very well, but for those of us who has a lot of subdomains where different websites are running, this is very annoying. The LastPass team seem to assume that everybody just have ONE subdomain (the standard) on each domain name and only ONE user account per domain. For every account I have, I edit the LastPass password entry with what user account it is. This is no longer possible.

I am getting more and more fed up. I don't mind paying for LastPass as I have done the last years I have used it, but there are limits to my tolerance. Please don't destroy LastPass even more than it already is.
Last edited by axxies on Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
axxies

Re: subdomains & multiple logins per subdomain are disregard

Postby jorhett » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:35 pm

I totally agree, but FWIW if you set a URL rule that marks the domain as "host matching" then it will assume every unique host in the domain is separate. Only works well for domains where every url is different auth-- great from zendesk and all other shared services.
jorhett

Postby axxies » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:51 pm

Wow! So this is already possible as a setting in LastPass? May I ask what I need to do? Where do I set this URL rule?

Thank you!
axxies

Postby axxies » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:43 am

Found it! Now I just need to see how it works.

Thank you!
axxies

Postby RulerOf » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:58 am

At first this wasn't working for me, but then I discovered that you have to refresh Lastpass to make this take effect after you set it up.

• Add the Parent domain to the domain list and ensure that Host matching is on. (Link)
  • Refresh Lastpass: Lastpass Button > More Options > Advanced > Refresh sites
RulerOf

Postby matthieu421 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 4:32 pm

hello
i'm looking for this option, and didn't find. where is it ?
thank you
matthieu421

Postby matthieu421 » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:55 am

i found it but useless in my case. so they think we will add dozens of subdomains, one by one... in a world where wildcarts and regex are daily used, waw...
matthieu421

Postby brunovon » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:12 pm

Not sure why after all these years the sub domain issue is still not fixed. Last Pass used to be great, but now has lost its mojo. When I go to a subdomain I see several matches ans have to scroll - nightmare. Also, it autofills every password field on a form which is irrutating - so turned off autofill. But now I cannot use autofill. Maybe time to move to Dashlane or Keeper.

I have no desire to add every subdomain one by one as a rule. Worthless..Programmers take note - allow user to Set up a global rule to treat every domain and subdomain as unique. This way as a user, I will have option to have just one password prompt for ebery subdomain or if I choose to see passwords for all subdomains. This is not rocket science, just lazy and bad programming.
brunovon

Postby matthieu421 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:34 am

hi brunovon

did you already try Dashlane or Keeper? they manage subdomains ?
matthieu421

Return to Feedback