Why has the free Windows version been crippled?

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Why has the free Windows version been crippled?

Postby jaunty999 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:19 pm

I have a Premium version for my phone, and have used the free Windows version since it was introduced. In the last few days, a "new" version was forced upon me and I'm shocked as to how it has been crippled. For example: the most important option to me is being able to sort ALL entries alphabetically in order to quickly browse for an entry for which I've forgotten the name and cannot locate with a search. Please, please, please, dump the latest version and go back to the prior one. PLEASE!
Thank you!
jaunty999

Re: Why has the free Windows version been crippled?

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:41 pm

The sort options in the upper right part of your vault don't work?
jpenny84

Re: Why has the free Windows version been crippled?

Postby jaunty999 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:44 pm

EUREKA! I corrected the problem, which DEFINITELY is a weird one. Yesterday, LastPass for Windows went into a weird mode where it felt compelled to reinstall itself. Afterwards, the strange problem I described above surfaced. Today, IT BECAME CATASTROPHIC -- while I seemingly could access the vault, there were only about 8 items that could be displayed. It was as if everything else had been deleted. I logged off, then back on, and it got REALLY STRANGE. The following message appeared: "AN ERROR OCCURRED WHILE RETRIEVING YOUR LASTPASS SITES. PLEASE TRY TO LOG BACK IN TO RETRIEVE YOUR SITES." I tried to log in but it kept rejecting my password (which I was typing correctly). In frustration, I uninstalled it, then reinstalled it from your site, AND NOW EVERYTHING IS FINE - IT WORKS PERFECTLY. This is a MAJOR BUG that y'all better watch out for....
jaunty999

Return to Feedback