I don't pay for pop up ads.

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

I don't pay for pop up ads.

Postby borderline » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:57 pm

I use last pass premium for two accounts across half a dozen PCs. Today both accounts on all PCs had pop up ads for Last Pass Families where the close "x" did not dismiss the ad.

Unacceptable. You have a new feature, send me an email. Advertise in my vault. Do not create un-closeable pop up ads. I will absolutely terminate my business with LastPass if this continues.
borderline

Re: I don't pay for pop up ads.

Postby pete225 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:25 am

Me too and its super annoying
pete225

Postby jdimirack663 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:32 am

I agree. Please stop this popup immediately on my account! I close it "X" and it pops open again a few minutes later. This is not something I will tolerate in a product I am paying for. I do not intend to pay more money for this new feature. I do not want to try it, and I do not plan to use the free trial. Stop trying to force this on me every few minutes when I open new pages.

Please tell me what I need to do to stop it from displaying again.
jdimirack663

Postby jdimirack663 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:38 am

I posted a reply to this thread and it seems to not have posted when I clicked submit. So I will try this again.

I do not want pop up adds for your new feature in a product I pay for. It continues to pop up over and over again when I close it. This is not acceptable. Please disable this popup or send me a email telling me what I need to do to prevent this balloon pop up to continue harassing me. I do not intend to pay for this new feature, so I do not need to continue seeing it requesting me to try it out every few pages I open.
jdimirack663

Postby tknelson137 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Further to what @borderline, @pete225, & @jdimirack663 write above ... I cannot be more in agreement. The last few days this "Lastpass Families" popup has plagued my every move on the web...relentlessly popping up over and over with no 'opt-out'. It just keeps coming with each and every website/url visited..which because of my work is many hundreds of times per day. And then I get home and treated with the same assault & battery by popup.

LastPass, this is a real *ick move, and my patience is wearing dreadfully thin. KNOCK IT OFF. If I want my family to be involved in LastPass, I will tell them. I'm a big boy and all your users are likewise big boys and big girls, all growed up...we can handle getting our family involved as need be. You do not need to badger/harass WE YOUR CUSTOMERS. And not for nothing, if I brought family members in to LastPass where they suddenly became victims of your pop-up fantasia...they would certainly not like LP nor be very thrilled with my recommendation. ERGO, your pop-up is in fact, counterproductive to the goal you seek.

IRONY

I pay for the premium service. But if this LastPass Families popup does not cease and desist post-haste, like within the next day possibly 2, then I am outta' here. And I'm sure many others will too. You have competitors and I'm please as punch to give them a try if it means avoiding a popup with every tab.website I visit.

BULLET: I don't care who reads this ... or what your motive is in bombarding your customers with a barrage of popups, but you need to pick up the phone and call your superior, and then that person needs to pick up their phone and call their superior, and one more time so must s/he ... and get the big-big boss on the line toot-sweet and put the kibosh on your stupid ill-conceived popup. Like, 12 hours ago.

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING? Oh, my bad, you weren't.
tknelson137

Postby sbaker » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:18 pm

I don't have a bunch of time to write a detailed message. The problem has been well articulated by those before me and I'm in the same camp. I will discontinue my subscription and find another solution for password management if this does not stop. This is exactly the same reason I dropped my Spotify premium account.
sbaker

Postby mattr419 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:46 pm

totally agree.. . i dont pay for apps that beg for reviews or have popups!!
mattr419

Postby pfcjunk841 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 5:20 am

I agree, STOP pop up adds, I pay for this service and will take my business elsewhere if the popups don't stop VERY VERY SOON.
pfcjunk841

Repeated advertising for paying users? Really??

Postby gord998 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 am

I hate having to wade thru your new product advertising every time I log on to my vault. I'm a premium customer, and I shouldn't have to put up with advertising. The worst part is that the advertising doesn't work well. I can't get the "I fly solo" button to work, and it usually takes two or three clicks of the 'x' to cancel that window.

The "I fly solo" should just work. It should work once, and never clutter my screen again. Get it right or drop it!
gord998

Postby calpeters315 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:53 pm

interesting that nobody from LastPass has fessed up to this idiocy. I used to think LastPass was smarter than the rest. Now I'm not so sure. Maybe Roboform is the way to go, if the children are in charge at LastPass.....
calpeters315

Next

Return to Feedback