Last Human Traces Gone Now

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Last Human Traces Gone Now

Postby temporarybackup1313 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:10 pm

The No-human-communication interface finally has been perfected by LastPass! Priceless design!

A house fire has destroyed my computer and backups. Of course, my master PW is committed to memory and I can log into LP easily. 'One small problem here. LastPass does not allow me to DO ANYTHING in their web site because I failed to log in from the now-incinerated computer. Great Catch 22 here!

After much consideration and experimentation, I have realized that my single option was to get a (disposable) email addy and create a (disposable) LP account, JUST to get this chance that someone at LP might see my words. Pretty unfriendly design, I think. If anyone here knows some way, any way, to work around this lethal level of clever security, I would appreciate your ideas.

Many thanks in advance.
temporarybackup1313

Re: Last Human Traces Gone Now

Postby jpenny84 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:00 am

Other than performing a password recovery on the primary email address, you will have to work with LastPass support.
jpenny84

Postby jorhett » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 pm

Really sorry to hear that you lost your house. That sucks.

I think that perhaps the documentation could use some guidelines that you should always have multiple computers/phones/tablets setup as trusted devices.
jorhett

Postby jonat » Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:40 pm

LastPass support should be able to help you with this. I'll comment that there are various ways to skip the "trusted computer" check, if you set it up in advance. Using two-factor authentication and a "security email" (into which you can log in without LastPass) allows you to disable the "known IP" check and disable 2FA should you need to.
jonat

Postby psychobobicus86 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:55 am

How is a lay person supposed to know this? I just got a new computer because my old Surface took a huge dookie. Much like the OP, I wasn't able to log out of LP before it decided to do this, and now I can't log in to the LP Chrome extension. Seriously?
psychobobicus86

Return to Feedback