Not super tech savvy? Don't use LP!

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Not super tech savvy? Don't use LP!

Postby mkl356 » Fri Sep 29, 2017 2:09 pm

I am sooooo frustrated with LP. It is NOT intuitive at all. I got 3 other new services to manage clients and documents, and each of them was/is very easy to understand and learn. Not so with LastPass. I can't figure out even basic ways to use it. Ex: how come sites appear multiple times in my vault? Why do I constantly get asked to "add" a site that I thought was in the system? Why doesn't the password come up for a site when one has been generated previously? Why does launching some sites lead to a white screen, no site? It is maddening to use this product. I would like to change systems but that would be a huge pain now that passwords have been generated. I wrote tech support and they didn't really help me. It should not be this hard!!
mkl356

Re: Not super tech savvy? Don't use LP!

Postby rcvandall427 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:48 pm

I agree. I think LastPass is way over complicated. All I want is a couple of clicks to store a password and log me in when I ask. Constant introduction of new features is not helpful. If new features are needed ,over and above “a couple of clicks” ; put them in a super LastPass and leave me with simplicity.

The name of this forum as “User Control Panel” is a small example. What in God’s name is a user control panel? What does it control? It’s a comment section for God’s sake - as in every newspaper.
Wasn’t “Forum” a grandiose enough title? Programmers should stick to utility approach and stop trying to sound sophisticated or whatever word works.

Give me two clicks to store and use passwords.
rcvandall427

Postby 40grit » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:09 pm

For an easy to manage app, try https://bitwarden.com/.

Fully developed, open source (free), many extensions for browsers.
40grit

Postby mojave » Mon Nov 13, 2017 9:43 pm

If you want to change, it's easy actually. You can export your sites/passwords and then import them into another password manager. Bitwarden is a good choice - very simple and the basics all work fine, which is not the case with LastPass. Bitwarden doesn't have the Security Challenge which is a nice LP feature. But Bitwarden IS open source which is a good thing.
mojave

Return to Feedback