Change in 3.0 interface look in browser

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Change in 3.0 interface look in browser

Postby horcroix » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:55 am

Within the previous 3-4 weeks, LP has changed to look on my 3.0 interface in any browser I use. Before the change, I was able to see a nearly complete list of all my LP folders and subsequent PWD sites. Following the change, I am only capable of seeing a shortened window where barely one third of my folders are visible and I must scroll to find my folders and individual sites. Can someone explain the reasoning behind this change? Is there a way to change the look back?

As a longtime LP user, I have become accustomed to my LP interface looking a certain way and I've been able to customize it to my satisfaction. But following the take over of LP by Logmein, I'm becoming increasingly dis-satisfied with the changes that are being foisted upon me in the name of modernization. I actually prefer a spreadsheet style presentation and I don't need to look at the corporate logo icons of all the major money players such as Facebook or Google or LinkedIn. I can read perfectly well and can understand the word Facebook just as well as the pretty little picture of an F and a B. There may be advantages to updating but there are also advantages to not fixing things when they are not broken.
horcroix

Re: Change in 3.0 interface look in browser

Postby nifg772 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:13 pm

Seconded. Compact and useful is better than big, pretty, but useless.
nifg772

Postby daniel75 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:19 am

nifg772 Wrote:Seconded. Compact and useful is better than big, pretty, but useless.

I agree.
daniel75

Postby phistrom » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:44 pm

If you use devtools in Chrome (press F12), you can add a "height:100%" CSS rule to the <html> and <table> tags and then it'll look normal. Seriously, LastPass, hire some people who can fix your interface.
phistrom

Postby passuser » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:25 pm

I now have the big layout without the pretty, in other words the logos have all vanished but an empty space is where they were... there should be a way to control the look.
passuser

Postby Freedom8 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:19 am

So LP reported me back on this issue that they are not putting anymore effort in the UI3 interface.
So they will not fix this problem. Time to look for an alternative?
Yes, because the UI4 is a monster and counter productive.
Freedom8

Postby horcroix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:45 pm

LastPass what's wrong with a list view? Why do I have to use all the corporate icons? It doesn't make finding my passwords any faster. UI4 takes up WAAAYYY more screen architecture. It appears LP has become a schill for the industry.
Again, I ask, what is wrong with a list view?????
horcroix

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:03 pm

horcroix Wrote:LastPass what's wrong with a list view? Why do I have to use all the corporate icons? It doesn't make finding my passwords any faster. UI4 takes up WAAAYYY more screen architecture. It appears LP has become a schill for the industry.
Again, I ask, what is wrong with a list view?????

Use the view configuration buttons in the upper right portion of your vault to switch to a list view.
jpenny84

Postby horcroix » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:38 pm

jpenny, you're not reading the post. I have a very truncated listview. It used to take up the entire height of the screen and allow me to see many folders at one time. Now, it's truncated height only allows me to see one third the page and less than one third the number of folders. I want 100% height back. More than the bottom half of my screen in Google Chrome is empty. Why can I no longer use that space? I don't want the corporate sales icons. I'm happy for you if they work for you. I want an Excel Spreadsheet view. Why can't I have that? Why did LP have to fix something that wasn't broken? Capiche?
horcroix

Return to Feedback