Multiple sites don't have favicon

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Multiple sites don't have favicon

Postby redgreenski » Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:47 pm

I noticed that multiple sites on LastPass don't have favicon. From what I understand Last Pass stores default icons on their servers. Is there anyway to provide Logmein with the list of websites that don't work so they can update them?
redgreenski

Re: Multiple sites don't have favicon

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:09 pm

redgreenski Wrote:I noticed that multiple sites on LastPass don't have favicon. From what I understand Last Pass stores default icons on their servers. Is there anyway to provide Logmein with the list of websites that don't work so they can update them?

Not at this time.

https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=10022
jpenny84

Postby redgreenski » Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:17 am

Ok. So now that they doubled the price of last pass I am hoping that the development of the new features is going to be doubled.
redgreenski

Postby TECH198 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:33 pm

I think favicons are only if developers of those sites have icons,, otherwise u just get the default from LP.

You can tell, if you go to a URL,, the favicon in the URL bar will change,, also your bookmarks will update with the favicon as a test.
TECH198

Postby leonv42 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:14 pm

So let me do a recap. There is a bug in LastPass that stops multiple sites from displaying favicon. LastPass aware of it. Also, they stopped accepting large images from site owners into their DB. A request to allow users to set custom icons has been unresolved for 2 years now.
As a result, there is no way now to improve the UX around seeing blank icons. I can't comprehend how LogMeIn/LastPass find this situation acceptable.
leonv42

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:51 pm

leonv42 Wrote:So let me do a recap. There is a bug in LastPass that stops multiple sites from displaying favicon. LastPass aware of it. Also, they stopped accepting large images from site owners into their DB. A request to allow users to set custom icons has been unresolved for 2 years now.
As a result, there is no way now to improve the UX around seeing blank icons. I can't comprehend how LogMeIn/LastPass find this situation acceptable.

What you are describing is not a bug. LastPass uses custom logos due to resolution requirements within the extension. These logos are served from a central database. They are not traditional favicons like what your browser downloads from websites. If there is no logo, then LastPass likely does not have one created for that site.
jpenny84

Bookmark Icons

Postby Richy » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:31 am

I've been using LastPass since the end of last year.. OK I'm still a 'free' user but I'm fairly happy with it, does what I want (mostly) so I may well subscribe.

However the bookmark icons are driving me nuts! I understand that you've chosen to implement icons by currently having a centralised store of large icons, but the visual navigation queue is completely ruined. You should at least allow for the user to enable favicon where there is no other, and to enable editing of the favicon for a site. It's just unbearable navgating around your sites having to read each one in detail.

Regards
Richy

Postby tabun » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:52 pm

I've got a REALLY SIMPLE solution to the missing Icon/Logo from websites that aren't in the LastPass central database.
Add an option to CAPTURE a part of the screen with the default 700x300 (or whatever size the graphics normally are) that can be resized proportionally to accommodate bigger images if necessary, Then save these images locally and have LastPass let the user override images from the database with their own. This will solve the missing logo problem, as well as give users the ability to have logos for EVERY site stored in LastPass without worrying about file formats, image quality or proportions.
tabun

Return to Feedback