Price double for Premium users

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Price double for Premium users

Postby JAZZKAT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:46 am

Got your point, thanks, sorry I didn't make that clear enough. Also, saw additional LP comments saying the same about notices being sent. Well, I wasn't notified in any way, shape or form until I went to renew as scheduled. Guess my question or complaint is: Was that my official "notification"?? Geesh.... Of course, I've not renewed after being a satisfied, happy, paid subscriber for quite a few years and Whammo!,
felt like I was totally being taken advantage of. Would hate to see how LP treats unhappy customers. : (
JAZZKAT

Postby MyLittleAlias » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:27 am

asdpoifasjdpwera Wrote:Haha, first roll out the worst LastPass version EVER, and then increase pricing 100%?

You guys must be completely crazy.

I'm going to look for a replacement now, and never will look back.

Easily explained. LastPass probably added Martin Shkreli to the board and have him acting as their interim Business Development Strategist until he reports to Federal Prison.
MyLittleAlias

Postby john14650 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:26 pm

If anyone remembers, a few years ago LastPass and LogMeIn merged. More than likely that increased their costs. The company has recently increased the price for LogMeIn quite q bit. So much so that I jumped ship. They have to be careful. Price increases are part of life, and if they are reasonable no one will be troubled by it. The trouble with this increase is that the price doubled! $2/month is not going to send anyone to the poor house, but it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth..

For what it is worth, a way to cushion the blow might have been to offer a multi-year price break. Say a one year subscription is $24. Well make a 2 year contract $41, and a 3 year contract $56. That way both parties get what they ultimately are looking for. Last Pass gets a bunch of money up front,and the user gets a "loyalty discount".

Just my two cents.
john14650

Postby Biggly45 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:17 am

Price now looks to be $3 dollars a month. 200% increase in 2 years.
Biggly45

Postby PtangPtang » Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:12 pm

... without any noticeable improvement in the product.

I don't use the (tiny) 1GB file storage - I have online backup that does several TB. I haven't set up 2FA with a YubiKey. I don't use WIndows, so the LastPass for applications is useless to me.

So I'm struggling to see why I should pay $36 to renew the premium aspects. It does remind me that 'premium' is marketing speak for 'expensive' though...
PtangPtang

Postby lupelamenta » Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:55 am

I know I'm late to this party because when I last upped my subscription to LastPass it was for multiple years. Double the price? I paid triple the price, because I expected my subscription to be automatically renewed with a notice about a month in advance. NEVER HAPPENED. I tried to use my tablet and discovered my subscription had been canceled. I renewed and discovered that instead of $12 a year, it was now $36 a year. For a moment, I thought this must be a three year renewal.

I don't know where I was when all these changes were put into place. I have no memory of ever being informed.

THIS SUCKS.

Can anyone tell me why this is worth three times what it was worth?
lupelamenta

BUH-BYE!!

Postby SixYearsNBD » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:01 am

200% price increase in less than 2 years!?! No way!

Took me less than an hour to migrate to Bitwarden. It's more secure, private, and the Yubikey works great.

Nice try to gouge customers for a service that has changed little in the last 6 years.
SixYearsNBD

Postby SixYearsNBD » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:07 am

Biggly45 Wrote:Price now looks to be $3 dollars a month. 200% increase in 2 years.

This is insane. It took me less than an hour to migrate everything to Bitwarden, including setting up Yubikey.

The Wirecutter will be removing LastPass as their recommended password manager and for good reason.

https://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best- ... -managers/

Both LastPass and 1Password remain excellent password managers but some updated features and LastPass Premium’s price increase to $36 mean we need to retest to choose a new top pick.

Below are our thoughts on password managers as of last February.

Not even so much as a courtesy heads up email. Many users are going to be surprised when auto-renew time rolls around. Thankfully, I caught it in time.

Peace out!
SixYearsNBD

Postby MallocArray » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:30 pm

I am disappointed as well. I had a multi-year subscription so the last I paid was $12. Was annoyed when it bumped to $24/yr without any appreciable new benefits for me and just found out it went up to $36/yr without ever receiving an e-mail notifying me or giving me a chance to renew before the price bump. Now I'm 2 months away. I could work with the Free account except I want to use a YubiKey to secure my account.

Disappointed for sure that there was no communication and poor form that it increased twice in 2 years.
MallocArray

Re: New pricing plans

Postby UKwebuser » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:05 am

VANJ Wrote:I am a Lastpass Premium member ... The price for Premium is doubling from from $12 to $24.

Oh, gosh, I forgot it used to be $12/ year when I just noticed the new price of $36/ year.

2 price hikes inside 2 years... Are you Serious, LastPass / LogMeIn...

Obviously they have some shareholders / executives to keep happy, but if that's not a fairly dumb move (as far as general internet users are concerned), I don't know what is... It looks and feels like a greedy money grabbing plan (2 in 2 years), and while I guess it means they can fund better support, and promotions, plus the never ending demands from shareholders/ execs, I'm far from convinced it represents value for money to all users...
UKwebuser

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback