Price double for Premium users

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Price double for Premium users

Postby JAZZKAT » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:46 am

Got your point, thanks, sorry I didn't make that clear enough. Also, saw additional LP comments saying the same about notices being sent. Well, I wasn't notified in any way, shape or form until I went to renew as scheduled. Guess my question or complaint is: Was that my official "notification"?? Geesh.... Of course, I've not renewed after being a satisfied, happy, paid subscriber for quite a few years and Whammo!,
felt like I was totally being taken advantage of. Would hate to see how LP treats unhappy customers. : (
JAZZKAT

Postby MyLittleAlias » Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:27 am

asdpoifasjdpwera Wrote:Haha, first roll out the worst LastPass version EVER, and then increase pricing 100%?

You guys must be completely crazy.

I'm going to look for a replacement now, and never will look back.

Easily explained. LastPass probably added Martin Shkreli to the board and have him acting as their interim Business Development Strategist until he reports to Federal Prison.
MyLittleAlias

Postby john14650 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:26 pm

If anyone remembers, a few years ago LastPass and LogMeIn merged. More than likely that increased their costs. The company has recently increased the price for LogMeIn quite q bit. So much so that I jumped ship. They have to be careful. Price increases are part of life, and if they are reasonable no one will be troubled by it. The trouble with this increase is that the price doubled! $2/month is not going to send anyone to the poor house, but it leaves a bad taste in everyone's mouth..

For what it is worth, a way to cushion the blow might have been to offer a multi-year price break. Say a one year subscription is $24. Well make a 2 year contract $41, and a 3 year contract $56. That way both parties get what they ultimately are looking for. Last Pass gets a bunch of money up front,and the user gets a "loyalty discount".

Just my two cents.
john14650

Postby Biggly45 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:17 am

Price now looks to be $3 dollars a month. 200% increase in 2 years.
Biggly45

Previous

Return to Feedback