Price double for Premium users

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Price double for Premium users

Postby babylonbwoy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:57 pm

I won't renew. Like original post I don't use most of the option, I used to pay to use LP on Android.
Let us the choice, I don't get why I have to pay same amount of money than a family as I use it alone.
24$ for this ugly keyboard on Android, come on guys.
Plus even on PC it has a lot of bugs, website not recognized, synchronization on multiple devices that fails, the yellow icon with error message reaching the server, etc etc..

I'm done with paid version, I'll look for an alternative solution, can't support a company acting like that, I feel screwed after supporting LP for five or six years..
babylonbwoy

Postby acc532 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:48 am

Doubling the price for Premium is just rude. I am just up for Premium renewal in July and am only now discovering this increase. There was no specific message from them saying it would increase. Just this email in May, with the language "Your LastPass Premium subscription will renew at the current list price of $24 per year."

Upon asking them if this was a mistake or something, they just replied with cut and paste language I had already found on their site. I don't like to be rude but their response is BS: "Yes, as of August 3, 2017 the LastPass Premium is now $2 per month or $24 per year. The subscription price for LastPass Premium has been modified to reflect our continued investment in our industry-leading password management solution and ensure our products reflect the market value from both a feature, and pricing standpoint."

They apparently don't care what I think as a loyal user of 7 years who could offer feedback but I have seen no changes in the quality of their product to warrant ANY increase. My experience so far has been, sometimes LastPass works and sometimes it doesn't. It can get really buggy. They have not in my opinion improved on any of this. $24 is not a lot of money, but it is significant in that it is doubled, and they are being sneaky about disclosing. I figure it's time to move on out of principle.
acc532

Postby ShiftDog » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:18 pm

Dear LastPass,

What happened? Double? Seriously? I'm disappointed to say the least. I have been a loyal user for many years and yes you have a great product and I have steered many people your way. Frustration is the simplest way to state how I feel about the recent insult to my patronage. It just doesn't feel right, double? It feels like a trusted friend just said your loyalty is so important to me that I want $25 buck more a year to be your friend. I'm sure you will survive the backlash LastPass but this is NO WAY how to treat loyal customers. I am actually willing to pay more money to your competition, due to a lack of business loyalty on your part. I have decided that If my relationship is not worth anything to you then, I will develop a new relationship with another company. Good luck to you in the future. I will be sure to spread the word.
ShiftDog

Postby mgg1959196 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:55 pm

I have disabled my upgrade to premium, i will not pay that amount again.
mgg1959196

Postby robham690 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:23 am

Same here, months after your posts and still no change. 'Please consider grandfathering in previously paid users, or maintaining a $1/month tier without these new "features.' would have been great and would have rewarded our loyalty, but now i feel a little betrayed. The lack of change since this forum post amplifies this feeling. I'll be switching to free, and will change to another if i'm not happy.
robham690

Postby stroke » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:27 am

Another disappointed premium member here. After my premium membership expires I won't renew it. As other users said, all the features that used to be premium now are free, and the new stuff I've never used it. I'd like to support the service, but not at this price.
stroke

Postby bruceg517 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:56 am

Another disappointed premium user. My last renewal was just prior to the price increase and I've just discovered it's doubled. As with a number of other users I don't most of the premium features but have paid the price to support lastpass and ensure it stays around. However, the choice of free over premium is now far more convincing. Obviously lasspast must know the drop off rate however I would imagine that $12 x many > $24 x few.
Sadly I'm going to have to drop to the free account. :-(
bruceg517

Postby LordPalpatine666 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:26 am

Are there any officials announcements for the price increase ? Or any replies to this thread ?
Very disappointing. They really shot in their own foot with this marketing.
LordPalpatine666

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:10 am

LordPalpatine666 Wrote:Are there any officials announcements for the price increase ? Or any replies to this thread ?
Very disappointing. They really shot in their own foot with this marketing.

There was an official announcement a year ago.

https://blog.lastpass.com/2017/08/updat ... neup.html/
jpenny84

Postby Rich4422 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 12:32 am

LOL, why are people still commenting on here? It's been a year. Get over it. Use free version.
Rich4422

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback