Price double for Premium users

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: Price double for Premium users

Postby stephen531 » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:34 am

Hmm, price doubles (in a frankly underhand, IMO verging on dishonest manner) and breaks my preferred browser support (FF) at the same time.

yep, time to cancel the auto renew and evaluate the competition. I'm sad to see lastpass go the way of so many others and depend on customer inertia to generate profits rather than innovation and outstanding customer service.
stephen531

Postby bartdirks282 » Tue Oct 31, 2017 6:07 am

Stopped the auto renewal. Think they dont communicate. Last year i noticed just by checking my account. Now i could not find the new prices per year. I assume it will be 24e. Which is too much for only the perc to use it on my mobile. It is a shame.
bartdirks282

Postby lm75093 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:29 pm

Wow, as a long-time paying customer, LastPass just made me start investigating alternatives (when I previously had no reason).
I wouldn't have minded a few dollars, but 100% increase is absurd....
lm75093

Postby Valery » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:46 pm

I absolutely agree. Doubling the price for premium users (and I've been one for several years now) with no measurable increase in the product's value is both outrageous and unjustified. Please reconsider your pricing policy, otherwise I am certain you are going to lose many customers.
Valery

Postby Valery » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:16 am

PS: After having been a premium user for a number of years, I’ve just opted out of automatic subscription. Not with me, LastPass, not with me, or at least not this way… Think your pricing policy over and let me know. Thank you.
Valery

Dropped LastPass Premium

Postby intrepid026 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:34 pm

When I let my LastPass Premium expire I was promoted with an email shortly after asking to complete a two minute survey. When I went to complete it, the page that opened could not find the survey similar to how I could not be bothered to find my wallet earlier to renew.

I’ll be moving to a new platform that costs less and treats their customers better. The price increase is not acceptable.
intrepid026

Postby 1LastPassFail » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:40 pm

At $12 per month, I had auto-renew turned on. After 5 years, I was caught off guard when the renewal came through at 2x plus tax. Auto-renew is now turned off!
1LastPassFail

Postby allanonmage372 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:17 pm

double the price for double the pain? no thanks...
allanonmage372

Postby lckauth787 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:46 pm

3 or 4 years ago, after using LastPass free for several years before, I decided to subscribe to the premium format -- not because it offered anything extra that I needed, but because I felt good work deserved reward. Now you have increased the the subscription 2-fold with minimal extra value to the simply home based user. Frankly, I consider such a huge increase insulting and no longer renew my subscription after this last gouge expires. I actually still consider it a good product but quite over priced. A dollar here and a dollar there, it all adds up and economy trumps (no pun intended) excessive fees.
Thanks for the past good work,
farewell, lckauth787
lckauth787

Postby djet » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:57 am

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
It hasn't become twice as better.
Actually it makes my new and shiny Firefox (Quantum) twice as slower: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=271845&start=130

Cancelling.
djet

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback