Price double for Premium users

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Price double for Premium users

Postby MallocArray » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:37 pm

I'm not a fan of the price increase for Premium users. I've been a fan of LastPass for years and a Premium user for many of them. I had wanted to use it on mobile and Windows and have 2 factor. I'm not sharing any items with multiple users and I don't need an encrypted file storage option. The features I had originally purchased Premium for are now available for Free, but I still wanted to support the company and $1/month was not unreasonable.

From my perspective, I am now facing a price increase that doubles the price and offers no new features that I will be utilizing, so I will be seriously considering dropping down to Free, rather than pay a 100% increase for very little gain.

I understand it helps make Familes plans more appealing when it is equal to the cost of 2xPremium accounts, but it feels like a money grab to increase Premium, rather than price Families at 4x the original Premium price.
MallocArray

Re: Price double for Premium users

Postby Mrc77 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:48 pm

It is ridiculous that now with $24 you have only 1 user, while with $24x2 you have 6 users.

My LP Premium subscription will expire in Q1 2018. In the meanwhile, I'll check if this improved LP is worth the price, if not I'll move to Bitwarden.
Mrc77

Postby duffin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:38 pm

Seriously? What are you guys thinking? Doubling the price? Adding features I don't use and using that to justify the increase? Why not make a $12/year option that has no sharing and includes 2-factor and the app like normal. I don't care about sharing or file storage. You realize you're going to lose a lot of premium customers over this, right?
duffin

Postby asdpoifasjdpwera » Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:44 pm

Haha, first roll out the worst LastPass version EVER, and then increase pricing 100%?

You guys must be completely crazy.

I'm going to look for a replacement now, and never will look back.
asdpoifasjdpwera

New pricing plans

Postby VANJ » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:28 pm

I am a Lastpass Premium member for several years.

My spouse and I use the same LP account on multiple devices (iOS, Android, desktop).

I do not use the 1GB encrypted file storage, instead I use the notes field on regular vault site items and the Secure Notes feature.

My kids have their own (free) LP accounts and I share about a dozen items from my vault with each of them as necessary using the regular Share feature (not sure how this is different from the Shared Folder feature?)

I see that a new pricing plan has been announced today. The price for Premium is doubling from from $12 to $24.

My Premium subscription is up for renewal in a couple of weeks. As I review the different pricing plans, I don't see anything compelling (for me) in the Premium or Family plans. I find myself wondering if it makes sense for me to accept the price increase. The Free set of features are perfectly fine for me (what does one-to-one vs one-to-many sharing mean?).

Am I missing something? Thanks
VANJ

Postby john0394 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:13 pm

Very disappointed in the price increase. My subscription expired yesterday and I planned on renewing this weekend. I won't at $24.
john0394

Postby jimlastpass » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:17 pm

It's unfortunate there was no announcement for premium users (or if there was I must have missed it) to let them know about the price increase prior to it going in to affect. I would have gladly purchased a few more years @ the $12 price, but now when up for renewal I'll look elsewhere if the $24 price sticks around. I love the service, but I use it solely for password management.

Any chance you guys can run a promo for long time premium users at the $12 price?
jimlastpass

Postby MichiganUser » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:20 pm

I completely agree! Doubling the price for any product is outrageous! :o

Somehow you think your product has improved so much that you can double the price and your customers will just be okay with it-
I'm not okay with it! :evil:

Lastpass is a good app, and I have recommended it. BUT- at best Lastpass is a password generator with secure online storage. The rest is just sales FLUFF
I think greed has overtaken your company. Chances are likely I WILL NOT RENEW MY SUBSCRIPTION.

One good thing to come out of your greed is it will give Lastpass competitors a chance to gain users and perfect their apps.
MichiganUser

Postby tv7350 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:29 pm

Folks, the doubling in price with no value added for current customers is poor planning. The insulting press release with its justification is even worse. A 100% price increase is not reasonable. Something like a $12 -> $15 incrase would have been more reasonable and even then would be approximately a 30% increase. I hope that this is reconsidered since the feature set that is actually used by me in Premium is minimal, ergo people on this post saying that they will just use the free version.

I look forward to Lasspass' constructive and reasonable response to this crazy increase and how it is convincing its current base of users to stick around. Thank you!
tv7350

Postby mrcaroline » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:32 pm

I too have been a premium member for a couple of years, and I felt the price was justified for the service provided.

Then, like the other user above, I was happy to support LastPass in their mission even as the premium features I was paying for became free.

However, this new pricing is insulting to premium members who have previously supported LastPass - simply put, these new features do not add value and I definitely feel the price increase is not justified.

Please consider grandfathering in previously paid users, or maintaining a $1/month tier without these new "features."
mrcaroline

Next

Return to Feedback