New Version is too smart for its own good

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

New Version is too smart for its own good

Postby jim260 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:20 am

The new version no longer gives the option that suggested updates may be wrong. For job sites, a number have complex domain names. When a new one needs to be added, I no longer get the option of adding. It only gives me the option to update an existing. I can no longer use LastPass for security on these sites.
jim260

Re: New Version is too smart for its own good

Postby cobaltstarr » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:52 pm

Yeah I'm having similar issues. I was linking accounts between sites and the app thought I was changing my password. I had to use password reset to regain access to that account. :? THEN I went to change my password on another site, but I misread the instructions so the new password was invalid. However, the app just went and changed the saved password anyway. :x Please fix this so the app requires user authorization for saved password changes again. Because shit happens. :roll:
cobaltstarr

Re: New Version is too smart for its own good

Postby BK303 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 7:24 am

+1 on the need to re-store the choices upon changing password and fixing the over-write password without asking bugs.
Some work-arounds to try....
@cobalstarr: Even if plug-in changes your password incorrectly for a site entry, the old password should still be in the password history, which is viewed by editing the site entry, then clicking the clock with CCW arrow on just above the right side of password field. Should help recover from over-written passwords.
@jim260: There are some tricks you can try to change behaviors with complex domain names that need different site records. Under My Vault > Account Settings (lower left) > URL rules, you can force domains to not be treated as equal based on host or URL prefix, see https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/account-s ... #URL+Rules
BK303

Return to Feedback