Password Generator UI is Inconvenient

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Password Generator UI is Inconvenient

Postby alchemical9 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:52 pm

The new, simplified Password Generator is maybe dumbed-down too much. I have to click to open the advanced window to see the password....which I have to do every time because the password is not copied into the clipboard.

I understand the desire to simplify the UI, but I think you took that too far in this case. It would be nice to at least be able to see and copy the generated password without an extra step.
alchemical9

Re: Password Generator UI is Inconvenient

Postby sequin » Wed Feb 08, 2017 11:04 am

I agree 100%.
sequin

Postby BlastHardcheese » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:22 am

Agreed.
BlastHardcheese

Postby kennyb » Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:16 am

I agree,

I used to love the password generator for generating password resets for clients or cPanel database passwords etc.. Now not only do I have to give 3 extra clicks to see and copy the password so that I can use it but when I do that it overwrites my login password with the newly generated one without even telling me.

I think the simplified box is a great option for new or inexperienced users but it would be nice to have an option to use the old behaviour and refuse auto password updates for power users..

That old password box was a stalwart friend in my workflow until the new version, I used it far more often to generate passwords for others that I did to generate passwords for my own sites (thanks to lastpass those don't need changing often!)... Now it is effectively useless for that.
kennyb

Postby mathead » Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:01 pm

My password generator is flat out broken. There is a significant number of thread about the issue, so it's not only me, obviously. Even for those for whom it works, it's still frustrating. I don't feel like Lastpass really takes the issue seriously enough. Hope I'm wrong.
mathead

Postby russell726 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:15 am

Yes it has been dumbed down but there is no easy safeguard when things go wrong. I suggest they automatically save every generated password in a separate area of generated passwords which can be cleared out if and when the password is saved in a site entry - or preferably 30 days afterwards. At least then if something goes wrong you can look it up but if everything works then the short user interface is all you need to use.
russell726

Postby jordith838 » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:50 pm

I'm new to this I didn't realise I had to copy newly generated password before I accepted it. Is there a way I can see them for future use?
jordith838

Return to Feedback