UI design taken a step backwards

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: UI design taken a step backwards

Postby DangLad » Thu Feb 09, 2017 4:48 pm

Just signed up for the forum to look into the new UI size issues (everything is too large) and see if there was a way to reduce the size. Agreed that the new Chrome extensions are just too large. At the very least, it would be great to have an option to restore the old, smaller sizes.
DangLad

Postby lionheartedbear80 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:57 pm

Adding my voice to this thread (Chrome Extension)
I strongly dislike the new design in the popup - now I have to scroll among just THREE entries.
In the age when we're moving to smaller devices you guys go with a LESS COMPACT layout. DUMB!

One wonders if the designers understand the user experience. Or are just fiddling with stuff to have something to do to justify their existence.
lionheartedbear80

Postby jimjwilliamson » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:06 pm

Once more we have to be subjected to someone's idea of 'cool new look'
It's not cool, it sucks.
Anything that means more scrolling, more digging around, sucks
jimjwilliamson

Postby Technigull » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:41 pm

Agreed. While it looks nice, it is way too large. On my 13'' Macbook Pro, half the time I can't get to logins on sites where I have more than one account. Keep the feel, but it needs to be condensed by a lot.
Technigull

Postby badams9009 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:50 pm

+1. I don't care for the new design, either. Just like a couple of other posts, I know have to scroll for different accounts....the redesign is a step backwards.
badams9009

Postby jimjwilliamson » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:05 am

jpenny84 Wrote:
rnc000800 Wrote:The account selector when filling login forms is simply blank for me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/407 ... -00-37.png

It's your text size setting in Chrome. In the browser preferences, set it to medium.

That may be a work-around, but it is not an acceptable answer.
Some of us have font sizes increased for visibility, but now we have to not be able to read things, just to be able to use LastPass?
It was not that way before someone made unsolicited, un-necessary changes yet again.
jimjwilliamson

LastPass went from excellent to horrible

Postby PhukEwe » Fri Feb 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Horrible UI, clicking the reveal-password icon reveals "password saved", constant nags, gets logins wrong often. You took an excellent application and turned it to crap.
PhukEwe

Postby info343Madtown » Tue Feb 21, 2017 6:12 pm

Is there a setting to turn off the in-your-face pop up in Chrome?

I had to turn LastPass OFF due to the popup being so distracting. I don't know what was so bad about the green bar at the top? :geek:
I didn't experience any font size problems - on desktop.
info343Madtown

New Updates to In Field Options BAD!

Postby jakzam72 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:51 pm

I have been patient with the updates, since LastPass sold out to LogMeIn, or whatever. But the updates HAVE TO MAKE SENSE. What the hell is with the In Field login options? I have been a premium member of LASTPASS for many years. I don't like any of the other options, INCLUDING logMeIn. So, if the plan is to make LastPass start looking like some other app, You are going to LOSE many many more people.

K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Stupids!

I'm a web marketing consultant and developer. I am used to technological change. But the new In Field options AREN'T working properly AND the options are not accurate for the chosen fields, like it used to. I login to dozens of sites each day. I don't have time for your thoughtless changes to a system that worked.

If your update is not something that lends to the speed and efficiency, DON'T release it. Since your most recent updates, inconsistencies, inaccuracies, and unwelcome changes to the interface that HINDER the usual workflow of the user.

I NEED a Password and login maintenance App. Is that going to continue to be LastPass? I guess that is going to be up to the "chiefs" sitting in the head offices making decisions without taking into consideration the needs of the users. Much like a politician.

Please fix my premium app, so I don't have to start looking for another solution.

Johnny
jakzam72

New UI takes too much away

Postby tamouse » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:41 am

I very much dislike the new UI: it takes too much away from me. I feel as though I no longer get to make choices about what sites to create, when to update sites, and so on. I'm already experiencing many problems with keeping passwords for Slack in lastpass as it doesn't ever seem to work anymore with the number of teams I'm on. I feel far less secure about my passwords than ever before. Please stop assuming you know what I want to do and taking control away from me.
tamouse

Previous

Return to Feedback