UI design taken a step backwards

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

UI design taken a step backwards

Postby james560 » Wed Feb 01, 2017 6:16 pm

I noted the chrome extension has been updated

The UI designer but have problems seeing normal size objects because the new selector box is just way oversized, causing more scrolling inside the credentials box

please please please change this size!!! Or at the least allow users to set what template/layout they want so people can choose big options or small ones
james560

Re: UI design taken a step backwards

Postby billab » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:50 am

Agreed. I have multiple google accounts and have to scroll to the bottom when I only use 2 on a regular basis. I preferred the old modal menu.
billab

Postby JasonLD » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:04 pm

I came to the forum to find out more about the redesign, as I was noticing all of a sudden, I had issues with pages (slowwwww and functions in the page, not related to LastPass, would not work). Then today, I see that more design changes updated to the chrome extension, which look nice, but there are some things not fitting in the popups, and not working. For instance, I register at a site and use the "Generate" function, and it doesn't do anything-- it doesn't set a password to the field.

I am a developer, so I understand there are sometimes some unfortunate bugs, but it's unfortunate, because I rely heavily on all my info and passwords I use on many many times a day, using the Chrome extension.
JasonLD

Postby mavery305 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:14 am

I have to agree. After using LastPass for a few days, the size of elements in the "Site" display/menu in the Chrome browser under Windows 10 is just too large. In IE and FireFox navigation is easy. In Chrome the site entries and foldlers are just too big to make navigation easy. A number of folders wind up being below the bottom of the screen, which forces me to scroll down which is a nuisance. It was bad enough, I was thinking about going back to RoboForm, which isn't easy for me to say, until i realized Firefox and IE were better.
mavery305

Postby scubaaadan » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:56 pm

+1 please provide an option to revert to the previous, more compact layout. The 'cards' take up too much real estate if you have more than three options.
scubaaadan

Postby fredericktex415 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:44 pm

The new UI is having issues on my webpage logins specifically on sites that I have zoomed-in beyond 100%. I can see the pop-up box that allows me to pick which sites' credentials I would like to enter, but the "button" to select the sites is also enlarged and cannot be selected UNLESS I zoom out to 100%. But this then defeats the purpose of zooming-in in the first place because it resets the entire domain. HALP!
fredericktex415

Postby rnc000800 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:01 am

The account selector when filling login forms is simply blank for me.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/407 ... -00-37.png
rnc000800

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:36 am

rnc000800 Wrote:The account selector when filling login forms is simply blank for me.

It's your text size setting in Chrome. In the browser preferences, set it to medium.
jpenny84

Postby rnc000800 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:00 am

jpenny84 Wrote:
rnc000800 Wrote:The account selector when filling login forms is simply blank for me.

It's your text size setting in Chrome. In the browser preferences, set it to medium.

Thanks, it worked. But this will be fixed one day, right?
rnc000800

Postby snowbound999 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 3:37 am

I have also noticed an issue with the Chrome version of the 4.1.39 where it has behind the scenes automatically saved additional fields to 2 different password entries. These entries are for websites whose login fields are comprised of username,password and a 2 factor authentication rolling key. I have used these sites for years where Lastpass would fill in the username and password field since that is the only data that I had stored in Lastpass. Then the other day I tried logging in to both of these sites only to discover that Lastpass was also filling in the 2FA code with a saved value from a prior session. I could not figure out what the heck was going on since neither the username nor password for either of these site has changed for quite a while.

I went into Lastpass and sure enough it had created a field for the 2FA and had save a code for both of these sites. I deleted the field from both entries since saving this type of data is useless. My question is how did this information get saved by Lastpass? I certainly did not tell it to save it. I have seen this type of antics by Lastpass on other sites but there it at least prompted me to save information which it thought had changed for some reason. In those cases I simply told it to do nothing.
snowbound999

Next

Return to Feedback