Dropdown Keyboard Selection

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Dropdown Keyboard Selection

Postby ThrowAway » Tue Jan 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi

Before the update to 4.0, it used to be possible to navigate (up/down) different credentials in the dropdown menu displayed by pressing the down arrow in a form.
Is there any reason it was removed? And is there any chance of that functionality returning?

Personally it really disturbs my workflow to have to use the mouse just to pick one, as opposed to using the up/down and enter keys.

Thanks
ThrowAway

Re: Dropdown Keyboard Selection

Postby spidermonkey » Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:10 pm

This is my biggest gripe about the new version. There are multiple sites where I have a ridiculous number of logins associated with it (over 50) and I loved the fact that I could start typing in the username window, then hit down error to pull up all usernames containing that text and could either continue typing to further filter or arrow down to the username I am looking for once it pops up in the first few results. What I liked about it is that I could get to the username I wanted and select it without having to switch over to my mouse.

With 4.0:
- Have to hit down error in username field and then click on search to filter now instead of just entering text into username field
- Filter doesn't always work (omit some entries that should be coming back)
- Arrow keys do nothing in list now, have to use mouse to scroll and select an entry

Are there any new keyboard shortcuts I can use with the new version to avoid having to use the mouse?
spidermonkey

Postby ThrowAway » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:40 am

Not that I know of. I tried several combinations, but it seems all kbd interaction was removed.
This is especially strange, because changing the graphical look shouldn't have an influence on the behaviour.

Could anyone from LP comment on this please? Some clarifications would be appreciated.
ThrowAway

Postby joffotron » Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:49 am

I'm just gonna chime in here with a "me too". I don't mind the visual refresh of the drop-down (although it does have too much whitespace), but the lack of keyboard navigation here is utterly ruining it for me :(
joffotron

Postby snowbound999 » Sun Feb 05, 2017 1:19 pm

I hate the new UI design. I too found it impossible to login to a web site. They had opened up a login window with the userid and password and the new LP pulldown on those fields made it impossible to scroll through the list of. The huge amount of whitespace made it impossible to see the entire list or the close button at the very bottom of the list. Clearly an indication that Lastpass are going after the touch interface users and leaving users still using desktop users etc behind.

Also did not realize that LogMein who had purchased LastPass a couple of years ago is now owned by Citrix https://blog.logmeininc.com/welcome-new-logmein/ perhaps its time to look for a new password manager. One who actually listens to their end users
snowbound999

Postby genericalias12345 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:23 pm

+1

My biggest issue is not being able to use the arrow keys. How is it that beta testers of this LastPass version don't use keys to speed up workflow? This is a huge showstopper for me.

The UI isn't terrible (and does look nicer), but it would be nice to at least have a "minimal" option with less whitespace.
genericalias12345

Postby tomp3624 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:33 am

+1

Don't mind the new design (looks better than before). However, the lack of keyboard support really messes up my workflow, especially on sites that have multiple logins.
tomp3624

Postby davidcheng691 » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:29 am

Totally agree, lastpass really slows me down since that they've removed arrow key usage on the dropdown, it's very annoying.
davidcheng691

Postby PuGwAsH » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:02 am

+1

The loss of the filter on username is a massive problem, I've moved from Chrome to Firefox just to be able to use the old plug-in so I can still use this, however Firefox is too sloooow! Grr!

Update: I have just spotted the little spyglass (search) on the dropdown menu, so for me I have found a way around it, however it is still worse than it used to be, especially for the heavy keyboard users
PuGwAsH

Postby tomp3624 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:02 am

Nearly a month later and no reply from LastPass. Not great guys - some acknowledgement would be appreciated!
tomp3624

Next

Return to Feedback