Generated Password Not Saved

Have questions about LastPass, or having problems using it? Ask for help here!

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, Israel, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Generated Password Not Saved

Postby speedy5 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Lastpass recently updated itself to a whole new UI (Chrome, mac). It now has a button called "generate and fill" which I used to reset a password in a form. That button did *not* update my "site" entry for the site, and did not save any generated password. Now I'm left having to reset the password through other channels.

Where did my saved generated passwords go???
speedy5

Re: Generated Password Not Saved

Postby reve0etrange » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:13 pm

Generated passwords aren't being saved regardless if the "generate and fill," "use password" or "copy password" are selected. Very, very annoying - you have to manually copy the generated password into an existing site entry (because the clipboard is zeroed out afterwards).
reve0etrange

Postby ryan629 » Thu Jan 26, 2017 11:34 am

I just encountered the same issue with the Chrome plugin. It appears the only chance you have to save the new password is if the Lastpass plugin detects login information for a new site and asks if you want to add it to your vault. This is hit or miss, and if it does not detect new login info the generated password is gone. It appears the prudent thing to do is top copy out each newly generated password in case you don't get a prompt, and manually add the site afterwards.

I also don't particularly care for the obfuscation of the generated password options when you right click in a password field and choose to generate a new password. The options should remain the same from the last time a password was generated, but hiding them under the More Options button prevents one from confirming at a glance.

So far the impression I have of this update is one step forward (a more polished UI), and two steps back--removing and obfuscating usability.
ryan629

Postby Verdao » Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:55 pm

Just had exactly the same thing happen... The password updated on the website, but not in LastPass and now I can't find the generated password anywhere in my vault
Verdao

Postby duckworth397 » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:00 pm

Yeah, same thing happening for me.
duckworth397

Postby JDSX » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:00 pm

Ditto.
JDSX

Postby jaygo » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Same. In Chrome plugin. To be clear, the process that's described in LP's help files here is NOT happening.

In this case, it's causing my dad a major headache because the site won't send a password recovery email so he cannot sign into the site for the foreseeable future.
jaygo

Postby nickshobe138 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:18 pm

Happening to me also. I've lost access to a system that has no password recovery email system. And I have to reach out to another individual to get that reset. Quite anoying!
nickshobe138

Postby nosage » Wed Feb 15, 2017 6:38 pm

reinstalling the chrome plugin fixed the issue for me.
nosage

Postby dkmuch » Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:20 pm

Thanks nosage. Will that wipe out bookmarks or anything else from Chrome?
dkmuch

Next

Return to General Support & Troubleshooting