LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby petersh » Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:25 pm

I saw a lot of complaints about LastPass on Firefox here. But I've update to v4.10.1. I think it is better now.
I understand why Lastpass user comments here, because I faced some issues before.
However,It is not easy for Lastpass, because they have to come up with not only the tool itself, but also the update from Firefox.
Thanks, Peter
petersh

Postby bitmanalex310 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:02 pm

I have been using LastPass forever, and about 6 months ago, when I became aware of DashLane, I had both Dashlane and LastPass subscriptions, because I was thinking about migrating to Dashlane for the UI. With this update, LastPass' UI is greatly improved and now there is no longer a debate for me, I will be staying with LastPass 100%.
Cheers
bitmanalex310

Postby jimjwilliamson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 11:46 am

67 pages of comments, mostly saying the new UI sucks, yet they push forward with it anyway, no option to get rid of those big ugly icons.
I would switch to Dashlane, but they have them too.
What is it with these damned icons these days that all developers seem to think everyone wants them?
Still looking for something to use.. but it won't be Lastpass once our family sub is up.
jimjwilliamson

Postby FlyingHawk » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:34 pm

jimjwilliamson Wrote:67 pages of comments, mostly saying the new UI sucks

Survivor bias.

jimjwilliamson Wrote:What is it with these damned icons these days that all developers seem to think everyone wants them?

Because they have analytics data that suggest most users actually like it?
FlyingHawk

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 12:53 pm

The old version 3 interface will be retired on August 1st.

https://blog.lastpass.com/2018/06/movin ... ss-3.html/
jpenny84

Postby jimjwilliamson » Thu Jun 28, 2018 2:05 pm

I saw that jpenny, that's why I dropped by, but thank you for taking the time to respond, I do appreciate it.

A simple option to turn them off is all I want, it's not that hard to program in. I've got plenty of web-devs here in the office that assure me of that.
jimjwilliamson

Postby jpenny84 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:04 pm

If you don't like the tiles, then you can easily switch to a list view and reduce the font size. Those customization options is in the upper right hand portion of your vault.
jpenny84

Postby zaner82 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:36 am

I understand you can switch from tile view to list, but with the new UI, even the list view wastes a lot of space, shows too little detail / info, and takes too many button presses to do simple things like see the content of a secure note.

They need to have a "Detail View" option for users that don't care about "Modern" UI design, and just want a more efficient way to manage their passwords and notes.

The Detail View should:
- Allow for vertical site scrolling instead of horizontal as the app is currently configured
- The Edit Window is static and stays open to the right of the vertical site list. This would allow for much faster operation as you currently have to bounce between the edit window and site lists when making changes.

I created a mock up showing the proposed layout, but these forums don't seem to support images. Here is a link to view the example.
LastPass App Detail View Example: https://imgur.com/Ix0AcpS
zaner82

Previous

Return to Feedback