LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby pcfrenzie » Mon May 15, 2017 9:20 pm

Sunrise365247 Wrote:I absolutely hate the new version of LastPass. I have rolled back to the previous version and will use that while I look around for a new password manager that isn't annoying, uses clean lists instead of images like this is Sesame Street, and is easy to use like the previous version. I can see the use of some new features but I cannot understand why they had to screw up something that was almost perfect and have an update that is incredible garbage. LastPass developers, what were you thinking? Seriously, I would love the answer. I hope that LastPast comes to their senses but in the meantime, a migration to a cleaner and more efficient password manager may happen. Here are a couple of link pages to roll back to previous versions. LastPass versions current and previous versions https://lastpass.com/releases/?a=1 and Firefox LastPass extension history https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-3.3.4

Thanks so much for finding those links for us. I reverted back to version 3.3.4 and now all the functions work again namely automatically filling out usernames and passwords.
pcfrenzie

Postby Adabhael » Tue May 16, 2017 3:04 pm

WTFNow Wrote:It takes up way too much space, both the Grid (really really terrible!) and List (really terrible).

This. 1000 times this.
I do not need or want a UI that is "more visual" or has "bolder colors" What I need in my vault is a compact list and a search box so I can type and up pops the site I want. The new version of search does not bring me everything: just the "most likely" one. With literally hundreds of sites saved in my vault, any graphic organizational structure (grid, folders, list) is somewhere between ineffective at best and outright obstruction at worst. I personally find the new graphics too big, too round and generally pretty cartoonish, but it really doesn't matter and I am not upset about that. This may have looked great in mockup as a User Interface, but as a functional User Experience, I would say it fails.
In an ironic twist, the https://lastpass.com/support.php?cmd=showfaq&id=7556 instructions to view previous support tickets no longer work in the new interface, luckily the direct link https://lastpass.com/my.php still does.
Between this non-functional UI, the problems with the Firefox Add-On [url]href="https://forums.lastpass.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=255945[/url], and a less-than helpful support experience for my "premium" membership, I too reverted to version 3.3.4 of the Firefox add-on. However, running an old version and getting radio silence from LastPass after so much user outcry are not sustainable long term.
Adabhael

Postby dmof918 » Tue May 16, 2017 4:48 pm

garygee Wrote:They just ruined a perfectly good tool.

+1
dmof918

Postby longshotsj764 » Tue May 16, 2017 10:44 pm

Honestly, I loved this program before. And it was so easy to use, easy to see and I have messed with the new format, thinking I would get used to it. But, no, it is a nightmare, I am truly looking for something else now. The way you could look things up in the vault was so much simpler. Guys, bigger is not always better. When trying to change a password away from the vault, the freaking print is so small I can't even see what it says and I have a 43 inch monitor. This was no an upgrade, this was a step back, looks like a little kid did it in his spare time.
longshotsj764

Postby CeSinge » Wed May 17, 2017 4:40 pm

Have to join all others in saying this is a disaster. I can't understand why in so many companies, software design is completely distated by dumb marketeers who think only in terms of visuals, not functionality.
Take the notes for example: while they could be resized at will they are now limited to a post-stamp, and to add insult to injury, they allow only to resize it vertically, within the size of the dialog: utterly frustrating and pointless.

Shame on you LastPass, and shame on Joe Siegrist for allowing for such a thing to happen. We hesitated some time ago and thought 'we will see what this will bring': I guess it will bring Keepass or some alternative.
CeSinge

Postby CrouZ » Thu May 18, 2017 5:43 pm

From using this new firefox AddOn version for a day I have noticed that:
1. It takes ages to load
2. New generated passwords are not stored in the vault
3. Entering a new password on a site does not ask to add site to vault
4. Searching the vault takes ages
5. Presented search result in vault is so huge and with so much wasted space that it is unusable

Needless to say, the new version is fundamentally broken so I upgraded to version 3.x. Please fix basic functionality in the new version before you retire 3.x completely.
I was considering going premium, because I loved the tool. Now, I'm rather considering changing to another password manager.
CrouZ

Postby jpenny84 » Thu May 18, 2017 6:18 pm

CrouZ Wrote: Please fix basic functionality in the new version before you retire 3.x completely.

It's been retired already. Version 3 is now an outdated, unsupported version.

https://blog.lastpass.com/2017/03/plans ... d-on.html/
jpenny84

Postby stscam982 » Thu May 18, 2017 7:14 pm

What a God awful update. What were you people thinking? There was nothing wrong with ver3. And you've already cut loose that version? + You say: It's been retired already. Version 3 is now an outdated, unsupported version." Yikers. I can't get this ver4 to work as smoothly as the old one.

I cannot count on it to pop-up and ask if I want to save the pass word.

Why oh why can't I generate a password from the popup box (like we used to have). Why do I have to go looking for the generator. It's NOT intuitive. And if I don't like the generated password, why can't I spin a new one from that box? For that matter, I can't figure out how to do that in this new version.

This ver4 is a real setback. It's so bad that I've started using Norton Identify Safe - and will probably shift entirely to it soon. It's not a particularly good app, but better than ver4. And I've started to carefully update my paper password list - just in case.

And I agree with CrouZ:

1. It takes ages to load
2. New generated passwords are not stored in the vault
3. Entering a new password on a site does not ask to add site to vault
4. Searching the vault takes ages
5. Presented search result in vault is so huge and with so much wasted space that it is unusable

Honestly, this is crap. I highly recommend your senior management take the time to read through all this feedback and proactively address our concerns ASAP. Otherwise you're going to start losing your user base. Crikey!
stscam982

Postby spyder » Fri May 19, 2017 6:32 pm

Sunrise365247 Wrote:I absolutely hate the new version of LastPass. I have rolled back to the previous version and will use that while I look around for a new password manager that isn't annoying, uses clean lists instead of images like this is Sesame Street, and is easy to use like the previous version. I can see the use of some new features but I cannot understand why they had to screw up something that was almost perfect and have an update that is incredible garbage. LastPass developers, what were you thinking? Seriously, I would love the answer. I hope that LastPast comes to their senses but in the meantime, a migration to a cleaner and more efficient password manager may happen. Here are a couple of link pages to roll back to previous versions. LastPass versions current and previous versions https://lastpass.com/releases/?a=1 and Firefox LastPass extension history https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-3.3.4

Thank you so much for the Firefox link to the old version 3.3.4. I absolutely hate the new v4 interface and am very happy to at least still be able to use the old version for now. What a relief!
spyder

Postby helene548 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:59 pm

I used to love lastpass. For the last several months I have been trying to make the best of it.

If I have multiple logins for a site, it is a real pain in the neck to find the correct one in the drop down. I used to be able to open the edit dialog and copy the appropriate password, but now that process has several more steps.
If I have multiple logins for a site, it would be nice if I could select which one should be the default that is filled in. If this option exists, I haven't found it yet.

When I generate a new password, even though I highlight and copy it, it is not always copied, and sometimes lastpass doesn't keep a record of it, so I have to reset my password for the site, wait for the email, generate a new password, open up word or something to paste to to make sure that I will have it, then make sure that lastpass has it stored correctly. I don't know the exact number of times I have had to do this in the last several months, but probably 8-10. I usually catch this right away. In the past if something went wonky, or I didn't have to log in after generating a password, it would show up as the website with Generated Password, so then all I had to do was figure out if I needed to supply a username or an email to log in with.

Today I found out that there was absolutely no record of me visiting 2 different sites and generating passwords for each of them.<sigh>

Please, please keep my generated passwords attached to the sites!

I am getting tired of having to figure workarounds for lastpass 4. If it had been in version 4 when I was testing to see if I wanted to pay for it, I would not have.
helene548

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback