LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby abtrader » Mon May 08, 2017 6:29 pm

I really dislike the "new" look and feel of Lastpass....I use computers with 24 and 27" screens not 10" tablets of phones... not sure why this is the "new" style for a lot of programs, including a bunch of graphics and lots of white space "IS" waste of valuable screen space... generally I have several programs open and this style to me does not allow me to be able to find and access items quickly or efficiently... guess maybe it is time to research other programs as this is just plain annoying.... please give us a choice for the old or the new.... much prefer a compact design over this bloated view....
abtrader

Postby jpenny84 » Mon May 08, 2017 7:17 pm

abtrader Wrote:I really dislike the "new" look and feel of Lastpass....I use computers with 24 and 27" screens not 10" tablets of phones... not sure why this is the "new" style for a lot of programs, including a bunch of graphics and lots of white space "IS" waste of valuable screen space... generally I have several programs open and this style to me does not allow me to be able to find and access items quickly or efficiently... guess maybe it is time to research other programs as this is just plain annoying.... please give us a choice for the old or the new.... much prefer a compact design over this bloated view....

Then use the options in the upper right hand corner of your vault to customize the look of it. With a minimized list view, you have the same number of site listings plus or minus one per page as the old interface. I've counted.
jpenny84

Postby sunilgupta65625 » Tue May 09, 2017 8:56 am

Add me to the list of people who think the new interface is slow and clunky with far too much wasted space. I CAN'T STAND scrolling to find usernames from lists where I have more than three logins for the same site (no, that's not that unusual, I'm an IT guy).

My biggest beef with LastPass has always been that you have to go down two or three levels in menus to get info... now to get to Fill Forms you have something like four sub-menus to peck through before you can find the info to auto-fill!!! PLEASE PLEASE put the Fill Forms context menu at the root level!!!

I'm so sick of companies thinking that the only users are Tablet and Smartphone users who only know how to use their fat fingers to navigate... THAT IS NOT THE CASE - keep us computer and mouse users in mind still. Paypal did the same thing and completely dumbed down their interface for finger users...
sunilgupta65625

Postby 68156 » Tue May 09, 2017 9:38 am

Hello. I noticed in my vault / account settings / never urls there are a ton of websites that are listed. I'm not sure how they got there but they are really old, 2014 old. I always expect auto login / auto fill so am surprise to see them there. Can you please advise how to batch delete them vs having to individually delete them. They are no longer listed in my LastPass vault so trying to delete from there is not an option. And in conjunction, why don't the websites that used to be auto fill, no longer auto fill, let alone never auto login? Is this a feature that defaulted to NO? How do I turn it back on? As well, my previous version had the list of matching sites at the bottom of the first popup page - how do I get them there again or somewhere where I'm not having to click - this new version seems to have a lot more required clicks to get to where I want to go. I know there are multiple options to getting to the passwords such as 1) main popup 2) green auto login navigation bar when it appears 3) red box in fill cell, but they don't always register appropriate responses. I too am with the majority that the simple interface was much appreciated - I'm more Craigslist than Kijiji. Now loading takes far too long, crashes my Firefox and doesn't always grab all entered data. I know this version isn't new but to be honest, when I downloaded it on my new computer, I quickly found the older version and breathed a sigh of relief. Knowing that we will have no choice but to embrace this new version, I do hope the designers take into account the issues presented by their users and help us to make LastPass as user friendly as it used to be. Thanks.

Postby maynardkimchi164 » Wed May 10, 2017 2:19 pm

4.1.49 is a disaster. Only half of the userid/passwords fill in now. There is no automatic showing of tree extensions: you have to click on everything in order to branch out menu items. Matching Site top level menu goes back and forth whether or not it works when selecting or deselecting in Preferences. It is Slooooooooooooooooooow now.
maynardkimchi164

Postby DAOWAce » Wed May 10, 2017 6:47 pm

I like how this forum is so broken I can't even unsubscribe to threads and keep getting e-mail alerts for things I don't want to hear about anymore.

And that's ontop of all post links going to the first page of the thread.

..and ontop of it being grey on grey.

Who manages this? Seriously, it's horrible.
DAOWAce

Postby genmac12606 » Thu May 11, 2017 9:03 am

Do not like the new interface. looks like it was designed by a child. very unprofessional looking. also when did you take away the date that showed last time the password was changed. now all it shows it last time it was used to access the account. I used to use the last time password was changed for an saved file to keep track of when i need to change my passwords for sites. sort of goes against the wisdom or routine changing of passwords which we all know is good security protocol. So change the interface or give option to let us choose which interface we want. (better option meets more user needs) And put back the date when password was last changed so those of us who take our security seriously can do what is right. And one other option is under old interface it used to by default show top 10 or 15 recently used. now you have to sort to that. more clicks and touches to get there. obviously you took to heart all the tablet and phone users and took what they wanted and forced the rest of us to accept it. CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES WILL WORK BEST. HAVE THE CUSTOMER CHOSE THE LAYOUT THAT BEST SUITS THEM FROM A CHOICE OF ONE OR TWO OR THREE LAYOUTS. THAT WAY YOU CAN MET MORE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS NEEDS. INSTEAD OF ONE COOKIE CUTTER TO SUIT ALL. THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX.
genmac12606

Postby bbcone00599 » Fri May 12, 2017 6:49 am

It takes up way too much space, both the Grid (really really terrible!) and List (really terrible). Please bring back the old interface! :oops:
bbcone00599

Postby 3217 » Sun May 14, 2017 10:45 am

The new interface is fine, if less intuitive, it's the abject slowness that's incredibly frustrating

Postby Thermalzombie » Mon May 15, 2017 6:33 am

Hi long time user of LastPass I would like to report an issue with the firefox add-on I am using the latest version of firefox and I am experiencing slow mouse scroll speeds on certain websites I am certain it is the lastpass add-on that is causing the issue as I have switched firefox user profiles and re-installed each add-on I was using untill the issue came back.

Is there a way of installing the old version of lastpas I had used for years and years without issue. I do like the new color scheme but I dont like the new layout when searching my vault. What is with websites lately switching to this stupid tiled gallery view I really dislike it.

I you could add a dark theme for the firefox add-on it would be appreciated.

Thanks for reading.
Thermalzombie

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback