LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby HOHOHO000 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:11 am

Highlights from LastPass 4.0 include:

- A new look and feel, featuring a more visual vault experience with big icons, simpler navigation, and bolder colors.

Please stop marketing towards grade school kids and revert to designs for people who want to get work done.

I despise the new design.
HOHOHO000

Postby garygee » Sat May 06, 2017 11:18 am

They just ruined a perfectly good tool.
garygee

Postby Panikos » Sat May 06, 2017 11:43 am

Reverted to the older version for now. Aside from the terrible layout it just wasn't working properly on firefox.
We've been told (with what sounded like glee to me) that we'll be unable to use that soon so the question is. Is there a working password manager out there?
Panikos

Postby disappointedx » Sat May 06, 2017 1:05 pm

I agree with the comments above. The smartphone interface just pushes too much information off the page on a PC to be useful. In the absence of an announcement, I thought I had been a victim of a phishing attack. A little customer research might be helpful before launching a major update like this. It is really disappointing.
disappointedx

Postby enfinity08342 » Sat May 06, 2017 9:01 pm

I, too, dislike the new layout.
It's too big and bulky and I MUCH prefer the 3.0 layout.
I am VERY upset that changes were made to 3.0 - namely: missing favicons that made it easier for me to spot a site I'm looking for! :/
I also prefer the ability to open multiple accounts/window/info, in 3.0.
That was either removed, or is purposefully absent in 4.0
I also dislike how I can't access my account settings in 3.0. I have to toggle to 4.0 to do so.
What a pain!
However, I do see how the new version can be more attractive to some. It does look nice at first glance.
But for those of us who have been using LastPass for years and are used to the layout and functionality of the 3.0 we are accustomed to, this new 4.0 is a huge disapointment - - especially since 3.0 has lost some of it's functionality.
I DO thank the team for allowing us to toggle back and forth easily, as well as trying to improve and add what you have.
It's just not for me, at this time.
So, could you PLEASE add back the functionality of 3.0? :)
enfinity08342

Postby Sunrise365247 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:20 pm

I absolutely hate the new version of LastPass. I have rolled back to the previous version and will use that while I look around for a new password manager that isn't annoying, uses clean lists instead of images like this is Sesame Street, and is easy to use like the previous version. I can see the use of some new features but I cannot understand why they had to screw up something that was almost perfect and have an update that is incredible garbage. LastPass developers, what were you thinking? Seriously, I would love the answer. I hope that LastPast comes to their senses but in the meantime, a migration to a cleaner and more efficient password manager may happen. Here are a couple of link pages to roll back to previous versions. LastPass versions current and previous versions https://lastpass.com/releases/?a=1 and Firefox LastPass extension history https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-3.3.4
Sunrise365247

Postby Sunrise365247 » Sat May 06, 2017 11:21 pm

I absolutely hate the new version of LastPass. I have rolled back to the previous version and will use that while I look around for a new password manager that isn't annoying, uses clean lists instead of images like this is Sesame Street, and is easy to use like the previous version. I can see the use of some new features but I cannot understand why they had to screw up something that was almost perfect and have an update that is incredible garbage. LastPass developers, what were you thinking? Seriously, I would love the answer. I hope that LastPast comes to their senses but in the meantime, a migration to a cleaner and more efficient password manager may happen. Here are a couple of link pages to roll back to previous versions. LastPass versions current and previous versions https://lastpass.com/releases/?a=1 and Firefox LastPass extension history https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sion-3.3.4
Sunrise365247

Postby triboo » Sun May 07, 2017 3:24 am

Watch out, guys! LastPass 4 on Firefox fails SO COMPLETELY that you got OVER 50 (~95 %) One-Star-Ratings in the last two days. Go and check it for yourself:

https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/addon/lastpass-password-manager/reviews/

I just can't imagine that that such a disaster happened to a plugin that once was so useful.
triboo

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here (bugs and waste of time added)

Postby Huggy » Sun May 07, 2017 2:59 pm

This update is a fail !! It adds more clicks to do the same work and even worse it adds bugs!!!
Huggy

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here: Here's how to rollback to 3 AGAIN

Postby SF715 » Mon May 08, 2017 12:22 pm

I struggled for hours with yesterday's unexpected LastPass 'upgrade'. This morning, I had to manually login to 2 e-mail accounts--I got tired of waiting for LP.

Thanks to Google, I found how to roll back to v3.

go to https://blog.lastpass.com/2016/01/introducing-lastpass-4-0.html/
scroll down to "Toggling Back to 3.0"

alternatively,
click the user profile icon (another useless 'enhancement'),
then click "Toggle LastPass 3.0"

Yesterday's was the 2nd precipitous LP upgrade in a year. I'm baffled why this was done, since last year's upgrade issues haven't been corrected, let alone acknowledged: The crayola'd logo-based UI is cluttered and infantile, the 'minimalist' icons incomprehensible, and Firefox functionality and performance are unacceptably patchy and slow.

I wish I could believe 4.0 is "The same LastPass (you) Love", except neither I nor my computer can find its prior level of functionality in all the flashy clutter.
SF715

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback