LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby xczv0106 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 7:32 pm

Sorry, I should've been clearer. I'm using firefox. I've fixed the issue by upgrading from 4.0 to 3.2.2.
xczv0106

Postby glyphgryph » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:31 pm

Just got an update for the browser extension... is password history and actually remembering passwords not working anymore? I keep having to reset passwords after creating accounts because there doesn't appear to be a way to access them and I can't get lastpass to actually save the account upon creation like it used to.

That's on top of the new interface being really clunky and unresponsive (and ugly too, for the bits inserted onto the page). I actually can't even figure out HOW to get it to generate a new password right now, it was working a bit ago but seems to have stopped in the last several minutes. Weird.
glyphgryph

Postby glyphgryph » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:34 pm

The new password generation page insert is ugly and confusing, and the method you have to do to see password history is incredibly obtuse for the browser plugin. Took me forever to figure out you need to select "generate password" and then click IN the password field which gives you a drop down and the most recent is on the bottom? Even if you do all that, there's nothing to indicate the password history is actually what you're looking at.

Just terrible.

It's also really sluggish and responsive, takes too long to open up.

Also generate password is randomly not working
glyphgryph

Bring back old Pre LP4 interface - are LP listening

Postby 999 » Mon May 01, 2017 11:27 am

Seriously, how many people have to tell you?

I see this where the developers get these massive screens and develop software with huge fonts and massive whitespace, it does not look bad on their 30in displays with tiny res

However, with a Laptop, using the most common resolution on the planet, Lastpass is unusable, in their user acceptance testing I doubt they had anyone with 75 google sites trying to figure out what was what, it is all a bloody mess.

You seem to be burying what a user wants to do under 20 hurdles, it is nuts

Consider if I do not want a site to autofill, I have to EDIT the site, but there is NO ADVANCED settings ABOVE THE FOLD (without scrolling) so pissed off, I scroll down and click advanced Settings, then the STUPID thing takes me BACK TO THE TOP, so I have to scroll down AGAIN to edit those advanced options.

I tried using Opera, same issues, look how much more space just the login dialog takes!

http://i.imgur.com/qddabW2.jpg

Sadly, it is the same for the vault, so much damn white space so few sites seen without scrolling and you can't find what you want.

I do not know who is in charge of the UI design but they need to be fired!

I am so sad that you have ruined one of my most recommended pieces of software, I feel like starting a campaign with your new owners Citrix.

The worst thing is there is no feedback from Lastpass, nobody putting their hands up, saying we have been listening and here is our "Cosy" interface

But hey, do not take my word

unhappy123 Wrote:Wanted to drop a line and say how much I dislike the new interface. Useful features I previously used are now considerably more difficult to access. Sometimes the most difficult thing to do is to do nothing, and you designers should have done exactly that. A good piece of software just took a turn for the worse.

jtaylor960 Wrote:I have to agree that this redesign is a disappointment. What we needed were useful improvements in usability that would allow us to better organize the hundreds of passwords that we have entered. Things like sub-folders and/or tags. Or the ability to change a note type rather than having to recreate it. Today we have to resort to using prefixes in the description whenever we create an entry (ie: WEB: AD:, LOCAL: etc.) so that we can organize our content within the limitations of a single folder hierarchy. The changes you made don't help us organize content at all. Instead, they just force us to scroll even more to find what we are looking for. The big tiles and icons waste space without adding value.

WTFNow Wrote:It takes up way too much space, both the Grid (really really terrible!) and List (really terrible). Please bring back the old interface!

Postby Azira30 » Fri May 05, 2017 4:40 pm

It is obvious that the devs are the all important uber know-alls of programming and if you have any other opinion from theirs then you are wrong.
The new UI is the new standard so get used to it people.
"There will be no change! YOU VILL COMPLY VITH THE NEW STANDARD!!!!!"
Azira30

Postby marcus21 » Fri May 05, 2017 10:38 pm

I would like to add my voice to the dozens (hundreds?) of users saying that the new 4.0 interface is MUCH worse than the previous interface, and that pretty much ALL the changes made the product worse, not better. Far too big, takes up far too much space, things rearranged in such a way as to make the software much less convenient to use. Meanwhile there were usability enhancements that could have been made, that people have asked for repeatedly, that have been ignored. As one of the many that pay a yearly fee for 'advanced features,' I feel frustrated and unhappy with the latest changes.
marcus21

Postby stuart793 » Sat May 06, 2017 3:12 am

I don't like it. The only good thing about it is I can switch back to the old interface.
stuart793

Postby DAOWAce » Sat May 06, 2017 5:50 am

If only this forum wasn't awful too and erase the post I was trying to make a few months ago..

Would've gone into great detail about why the UI is abysmally bad and should be reverted, specifically the 4.1 update rework.

It's a case of gritting your teeth and bearing it..
DAOWAce

Postby lusich » Sat May 06, 2017 9:09 am

just got the new Lastpass in firefox -- It freeking sucks.

who told you to change stuff. It was doing fine before. Now it is bloated bulky and confusing.

Please revert the layout
lusich

Postby fjcizek21 » Sat May 06, 2017 10:03 am

I liked the compact old interface, too. Seems as if time was spent on eye candy & you lost sight of your prime reason for being - useability.

The old LP worked just fine in Win7, but I read about the security problem & updated. Now the "..." is no longer on FFox & "Launch" takes me to a site but does not implement the password data so I have to do it manually.
So why do I need the "New, Improved" LP if it no longer works as the old version did?
fjcizek21

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback