LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby DangLad » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:08 pm

In addition to the larger text and spacing causing unnecessary pains when logging in on Chrome (a separate thread is addressing this), I've noticed that LastPass now asks if we want to update the wrong login every time I log in to sites with multiple log-ins. Using LastPass, I select account X to login to a certain site, and then after logging in, LastPass alerts that "We detected a password change for account Y, do you want update the password?" The fact that LastPass can't tell that I used a different login using LastPass' interface is poor. Especially since this wasn't an issue with the previous versions.
DangLad

Postby anthonyt691 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:20 pm

I have rarely been so absolutely disappointed by an "upgrade." This latest update has made it INCREDIBLY difficult to manage subdomains, as every time I log into a different subdomain of my customer's websites, I get asked to update the rest of my sites with the same domain. There is NO option to "NEVER SHOW AGAIN" or to disable this altogether. Further, I updated a password to one site, and LastPass took it upon itself to update my credentials for another site. Have you guys lost your minds?

If you can't get your house in order, I will be looking for another solution to manage all of my passwords, personal and professional. :oops:
anthonyt691

Postby Blaine2016 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 1:41 pm

4.0 SUCKS. can't delete passwords, Some sites won't accept Lastpass passwords. Lastpass takes too long to respond. What was wrong with the old version??? The failure to even respond to the thread about deletion problems is TOTALLY unacceptable. Loved old version, I would go to a different system but not sure about transfering all my passwords. If I've missed where the fix is for the deletion problem please point me in the right direction. :x
Blaine2016

LastPass 4 is a disaster (at least on my new Win10 laptop))

Postby TWD » Sat Feb 25, 2017 2:15 pm

After 7 years I've finally got myself a new laptop, and I've also decided to switch from Win7 to Win10. Setting up the new machine, and the new system, I've also decided to finally get rid of messed up order of entries in Firefox LastPass 3.3.2 and switch to version 4. And the horror has began.

First of all I tried the current LastPass Universal Windows Installer. The lpsomething extension was showing in my Firefox, but LastPass icon was nowhere to be seen. Not finding any way to activate it in Firefox (32 bit), and not finding any solution on forum/help center. I decided to uninstall it. It didn't work either - "the uninstall has encountered an unexpected error" was all, that I was able to get. I tried to run it as Admin, I tried to use different compatibility settings, but finally I had to use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of it.

So I decided to follow forum advice and install just the new add-on from Mozilla development channel (version 4.1.35a). It seemed to work... for a short while. Then the true horror began, with things progressively getting worse and worse. First of all I got into deleting and reorganizing into folders some of my sites, only to realize, that the changes I made are not being saved. Finding a workaround on forum (logging directly into my vault, while not logged into the add-on), I was able to perform the cleanup, but only to find, that it has somehow permanently corrupted my LastPass on that browser. From then on, even after removing it and reinstalling again, if LastPass 4.1.35a was installed, the browser was jumping from the current page to a preceding seemingly random page, freezing it with "A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, open the script in the debugger, or let the script continue. Script: resource://gre/modules/commonj…pass-dot-com/data/onloadwff.js:1524".

But I do want all of my sites to show in alphabetical order. So I decided to move all my open tabs to a new profile, and give the 4.1.35a another chance. And only then I've realized, how disastrous it was. Yes, the freezing/jumping problem was gone, but trying to change account with which I'm logging to one of my sites (I have 2 separate LP entries for that site), I have realized, that for one of those didn't work with LP (most likely LP was putting in the correct name and correct password, but immediately overriding just the password with a shorter password from the other account for that site). Well, that was bad, but I still tried to get it to work, editing and updating the offending entry. As the result I've got the entry name changed (without my input) to just page address... and instead of the password, that I have reentered for it, with a password from another saved site!!! And, no, it was not a randomly generated password, that has appeared from nowhere, it was a password from another site saved in LP Vault.

Don't take me wrong. I'm almost addicted to LastPass. I'm also not a typical user, having at times over 100 tabs opened at the same time in my browser, using (at times simultaneously) multiple Firefox instances with different profiles, and always customizing my OS. So, yes, I'm aware, that occasionally it may cause some problems. Some, but not so many, and not so critical, as messing up the sites for which a password is saved. 4.1 is a disaster. If I had no option to go back to 3.3.2, this would be a good bye post.

Please, don't tell folks to switch to 4.1, to fix problems with 3.3.2. It's obviously still a very long time, till 4 can be reasonably trusted. And in midtime, please, fix the issue with sites not showing in the alphabetical order in 3.3.2, which should not take much time.

P.S.

Last, but not least, before posting it I've decided to clean all things up, and as a part of the job to install LP Pocket, and save locally all my passwords. And guess what? 3.3.2 add-on has been unable to export my sites as LP encrypted file. It did seem to work, but no file has been created, without any message generated after pressing the SAVE button. Fortunately, there was no problem with exporting them with LP Pocket, after first loading the date from LastPass,com. So let's hope, that from now on the things will only improve.
TWD

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here....HORRIBLE

Postby TECH3333 » Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:41 pm

I have to say I agree with most of the previous posts. This new look UI is terrible. Makes a previously good product very hard to use. Edit screens open up into a small difficult window instead of a new tab. Then to go back and forth to another tab, you have to close it and come back and open it.....very unproductive!!!!!!

Who ever came up with these design changes should be FIRED!!!!!!

I previously HIGHLY recommended people to use LastPass. Probably not any longer, sad to say. May consider alternates my self.
TECH3333

Postby Walabar » Mon Mar 06, 2017 4:46 pm

I disabled automatic account renewal today.

Lastpass, you have made a major error with the newest update. Seriously buggy and missing key functionality (ie. generated password history). I'm sorry but I can not trust you anymore.
Walabar

Postby xczv0106 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:47 am

Default hotkeys no longer work? I can't access my vault.

I'm running firefox with NO user chrome (I use vimperator), so I don't have any buttons to work with. The add-ons menu doesn't let me open an options dialog for lastpass. I was able to do change settings from there in previous versions. Now I have no way of interacting with it.
xczv0106

Postby patrickmair750 » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:42 pm

I really dislike the 4.0 refresh. I can't find anything good about it. Especially awful is the access to Secure Notes which I use ALL THE TIME. I need to be able to filter to Secure Notes right away - if I've further classified them into folders, that is fine but I want to be able to see them all as something different than all my saved sites.
patrickmair750

Postby xczv0106 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 6:53 am

The update-password box is completely The fonts and fields are so big, they don't fit into the window, which you can't adjust. Fire whoever designed your UI and hire someone else.
xczv0106

Postby jpenny84 » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:54 am

xczv0106 Wrote:The update-password box is completely The fonts and fields are so big, they don't fit into the window, which you can't adjust. Fire whoever designed your UI and hire someone else.

If you use Google Chrome, the likely cause is going to be screen scaling. That is a Chrome issue, and not LastPass.
jpenny84

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback