LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:31 pm

edm524 Wrote:What the H*&%^%& did you guys do. New new User Interface is totally trash. Give us at least the option to go back to the classic interface. I cant get but 6 items on my screen and even the search seems strange. I don't need icons and a Launch button, Just the names are enough. The old interface was simple, clean and worked.

Instructions on how to switch back are in the blog post linked on page one, and in the initial walk through you had to click through after signing into the extension for the first time.
jpenny84

Re: LastPass 4.0 Bug Reports

Postby RRRick » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:41 pm

Why don't you call this what it is, 4.0 BETA TEST?
Cannot drag and drop with "LogMeIn Skinned LastPass 4.0 BETA "
Switching back to 3.0.... No more space in my head for to LogMeIn trickery. :roll:
RRRick

Postby downbythebay » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:45 pm

Likes (so far):
- A little more control over folder listing order in vault view
- Emergency access (interesting concept -- as opposed to giving my trusted users my LP MasterPwd + 2FA device (yubikey))

Annoying:
- On RIGHT side in vault view, logos (buttons) for accessing site info / notes / trash are hidden ==> but then they turn LIGHT GRAY on hover.
Hidden buttons + LIGHT GRAY !! really ?? -- another regressive "UI-upgrade" design choice that has sullied too many App interfaces. Did it ever occur to the v4.0 designers that this needlessly impairs functionality: e.g., when viewing under intentionally-low screen brightness levels (dark airplane), or when viewing screen in blazing sunshine. Please take your hidden LIGHT GRAY back to UI design school and leave it there.
downbythebay

Postby WTFNow » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:49 pm

There is NO toggle switch "Toggle Lastpass 3.0".
Using Mozilla Firefox 43.0.3 with Lastpass 4.0.0a. The pop up box does not have a toggle switch "Toggle Lastpass 3.0".
The only items that appear in the menu box are: Account Settings, Help Center and Log Out.
Last edited by WTFNow on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WTFNow

Postby retief840 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:02 pm

Well, my experience is that since V4 showed up I was able to log in exactly once, then my password was not longer accepted and attempts to reset and revert have all failed. Waiting now for Support to hopefully respond, at this point in time I am an extremely unhappy Premium customer. I had to create a new account just to be able to log into this forum, that is completely ludicrous. As to the interface, the small bit I was able to see, I have to totally agree, this is much more difficult to deal with, more of a pain, and so far the experience with changing a password on one single site, which began my mess this morning, is simply a disaster. It will be interesting to see if anyone from Support does respond and can actually help to clear up this mess without a complete rebuild. If anyone has any recommendations, please pass them on.
retief840

Postby rel » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:25 pm

Here's my biggest problem: you have made a major interface change without providing specific descriptions of, and instructions for, the things changed. I don't mean just read the manual, but rather specific release notes addressing item by item. Surely, you wrote these things down before implementing them? Mea Culpa, I found the blog entry you provided.

As others have said the new interface takes up too much screen room. A simple fact is that with most screens now are using a 16:9 ratio so there is a lot less information presented vertically when increased object sizes are put on the screen. I don't need some great, wide, grey bar three to four times larger than necessary to highlight a line. Indeed the print and logo buttons are also too large. There's a significant amount of empty space at the top of the page within the three headers; folder, sites, and LastPass. I've reduced my screen to 67% in firefox in order to get a reasonable amount of information to display but, proportionately there is still a lot of unused space.

The new interface simply takes up to much room. It just seems that entire focus was on a colorful and graphic look rather than improving function. In some cases, it seems that I have to use multiple clicks to do what one, maybe two, would do. It's like the telephone menus at some companies. Unfortunately you have gone over to the "make it pretty" school of thought that seems to prevail among the current generation of coders (and managers.)

You really haven't done anything to improve folder handling and moving sites between folders. Additionally, the "save all entered data" still comes up with a different edit format than the automatic adds. Why can this not be converted to the standard site edit format after being accepted? Something else, why can we not copy sites or notes?
Last edited by rel on Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:55 pm, edited 4 times in total.
rel

Postby RRRick » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:26 pm

I am using FireFox 42.0 There is no group "Recently Used" folder. I can sort by "Recently Used" but its still so ugly, cumbersome and bloated. Please for the love of all things holy, give us a LP "lite" "retro" "legacy" "whatever" interface for people with normal vision.
RRRick

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:31 pm

RRRick Wrote:I am using FireFox 42.0 There is no group "Recently Used" folder. I can sort by "Recently Used" but its still so ugly, cumbersome and bloated. Please for the love of all things holy, give us a LP "lite" "retro" "legacy" "whatever" interface for people with normal vision.

You can toggle back to 3.0 by clicking the profile icon in the upper right hand corner.
jpenny84

Re: Emergency Access is a Failure (Marketing?)

Postby ptashek » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:38 pm

The reason why an account is required is because asymmetric cryptography is used to share data. The simplest way to create and implement the public and private keys is through the extension.

Currently my master password is used to encrypt data locally, which is then shipped server side for storage and sync purposes. All you get server side is either an encrypted binary blob, and you don't have the keys to to decrypt any of it (I trust that you don't...).

Am I right in assuming that with emergency access, you generate a public/private key pair, with the private key assigned to my emergency contact's account, and my vault data encrypted using the public key and stored server side until it is needed? Doesn't that compromise the contract of LastPass employees (or other "attackers") not being able to decrypt any of my vault data, since now you have both the encrypted blob, and the corresponding decryption key?

Provided I'm right, what happens to the key pair, and corresponding encrypted emergency sync data when the emergency contact is removed from my account? Are all the parts (keys + data) of that contract destroyed too?

Can you please provide more details on how this is implemented exactly? (go as technically detailed as you can)

P.S.: I've missed one bit I think - the private key is likely passphrase protected, with the passphrase being the emergency contact's master password. Hence, even if the key is intercepted, it will be useless unless the attacker is able to retrieve the master password.
Last edited by ptashek on Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ptashek

Postby edm524 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:43 pm

I cant seem to find any toggle anywhere.
edm524

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback