LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby briden » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:29 pm

thanks, but this is not what i asked. I asked how to disable the update. I'm assuming the answer is, you can't.

how long will the old interface be available? IE, at what date will the toggle be disabled?

I'm a longtime user. I wasn't a big fan of the changes to version 3, but I got used to it, and I'm happy with the interface now. For now, I don't seem to have been autoupdated.
briden

Postby hms » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:38 pm

Cant see how to quote. From jenny:

"For the time being, you can switch back to the old interface. In your vault, click the picture in the upper right hand corner, and there should be a toggle button. Keep in mind though that eventually, the option to revert to the old interface"

That is of no relevance, as you are eventually forcing all of your paid members onto an update that is a backwards step!
hms

Postby bobcronin » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:41 pm

For what its worth, to counterbalance all the negativity, I'd just like to say that I like the new vault interface (though I was happy with the old one and didn't think it needed to be changed per se, but I can see how the new layout might appeal to a wider, perhaps somewhat less technical user audience, which may be one of the goals).
--
bc
bobcronin

Postby tasorgatz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:43 pm

Where is the LastPass 4.0 Kindle Fire app?
Last edited by tasorgatz on Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tasorgatz

Postby edm524 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:54 pm

What the H*&%^%& did you guys do. New new User Interface is totally trash. Give us at least the option to go back to the classic interface. I cant get but 6 items on my screen and even the search seems strange. I don't need icons and a Launch button, Just the names are enough. The old interface was simple, clean and worked.

It took me a year to organize my entries and you undid everything in one fell swoop. You cannot see the icons on the right of the screen when you do get what you want. You took a great product and reduced it to rubbish. Even though I am a Premium user, I am going looking for something else. PLEASE can I downgrade to version 3 before I abandon you???>
edm524

Postby beely » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:01 pm

I also think it's a big improvement, for me.
beely

Postby zzzeek » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:01 pm

I'm running Firefox on Linux and I'm not able to locate the 4.0 version of the toolbar anywhere, I've reinstalled a few times and googled around, all I see/get is the 3.2.42 version with the old UX only, no toggle button. *However*, on Chrome, I get the new UX and the toolbar is listed as 4.0.

All the blog posts and such state that the 4.0 version is available for Firefox, does that exclude linux? When will linux/firefox be available?
zzzeek

Postby WTFNow » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:27 pm

> For the time being, you can switch back to the old interface. In your vault, click the picture in the upper right hand corner, and there should be a toggle button.

Clicked all over the upper right corner picture but no toggle button appears. Please give more specific details.
WTFNow

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:29 pm

WTFNow Wrote:> For the time being, you can switch back to the old interface. In your vault, click the picture in the upper right hand corner, and there should be a toggle button.

Clicked all over the upper right corner picture but no toggle button appears. Please give more specific details.

Instructions on how to do that are in the blog post linked on page one.
jpenny84

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:30 pm

zzzeek Wrote:I'm running Firefox on Linux and I'm not able to locate the 4.0 version of the toolbar anywhere, I've reinstalled a few times and googled around, all I see/get is the 3.2.42 version with the old UX only, no toggle button. *However*, on Chrome, I get the new UX and the toolbar is listed as 4.0.

All the blog posts and such state that the 4.0 version is available for Firefox, does that exclude linux? When will linux/firefox be available?

The update may not be approved by Mozilla yet. Unfortunately they are requiring signed extensions, so users can't be directed to install from the LastPass website.
jpenny84

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback