LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby billjbcr » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:21 pm

I too am very unhappy with this new version. Specifically, the tiny amount of room for scrolling logins for any given site. As a web dev, I may have 50 passwords for some sites such as domain registrars. The tiny amount of space provided for viewing and scrolling through these makes this now unusable for me so unless this is remedied, I will be looking at other options. :(

Bill
billjbcr

Postby griddleguy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:30 pm

BTW, it takes over 150 finger-turns of the scroll wheel on my mouse to get to the bottom of the list of blindingly huge icons. I loved using LastPass and now I just want to go research other options for a password manager. Please give us the option for a condensed, non-icon dominated interface or the option to return to 3.0. I don't have that option under the picture either, and the Help button there is inoperative. Please consider options for people who want efficiency, not flash.
griddleguy

Postby ZexMaxwell » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:33 pm

well this saves me a step to put my lastpass password in my will. thanks!
ZexMaxwell

Postby keoh285 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:50 pm

After reading the posts here so far, I can say I'm pretty worried about updating to the latest v4 of Lastpass.
I get the impression that the update might be yet another attempt by twenty somethings to make an interface look cool and au courant, rather than actually improve functionality. This seems to be the going (immature) trend now.

When I read things like "it takes up way too much space", "too much white space", "horribly large icons" and "now it's hard to find useful features", it seems to confirm that.
Is it actually more useful in some ways, or is it just a gui reworking for trendy aesthetics, perhaps more for the smart phone and tablet users, etc.
Can someone confirm ?
Last edited by keoh285 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
keoh285

Postby oddman331 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:52 pm

After I upgraded to 4.0, Each time I start Google Chrome, I have to go to Setting-Extensions- and re-enable the Lastpass plugin. Anyone else?
oddman331

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:58 pm

oddman331 Wrote:After I upgraded to 4.0, Each time I start Google Chrome, I have to go to Setting-Extensions- and re-enable the Lastpass plugin. Anyone else?

Try trashing and reinstalling the extension. If that doesn't work and you gave Chrome Sync enabled, try disabling extension syncing.
jpenny84

Postby briden » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:02 pm

how do I disable the 'update'?

do not want, after reading the comments here.
briden

Postby oddman331 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 pm

jpenny84 Wrote:
oddman331 Wrote:After I upgraded to 4.0, Each time I start Google Chrome, I have to go to Setting-Extensions- and re-enable the Lastpass plugin. Anyone else?

Try trashing and reinstalling the extension. If that doesn't work and you gave Chrome Sync enabled, try disabling extension syncing.

Thanks, jpenny84. It works after trashing an reinstalling
oddman331

Postby Dick99999 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:16 pm

The new interface must have been influenced by a smartphone designer. I am a PC user and don't like the white space on a HD large display and the (dis)appearing icons like edit. I would love to see MORE icons in that white space, like copy PW and copy username and copy username <tab>PW. Because there are, unfortunately, enough sites that cannot be filled out by LastPass automatically.

The large line spacing must also have influenced the decision to only show 2 matching sites (and a scroll bar) in the LP Firefox menu, not at the bottom but now at the top. The menu itself disappears now, whenever another app becomes active.

Faster? There is a substantial delay (0,5sec) in v4 when hitting the LP icon in Firefox. Something like 0,5 sec between an initially empty menu (why?) and the complete menu. Displaying the vault in V4 is much slower, there is now time to show the LP commercial: "the last ..." as a background to mask the delay.

I really would like to make a positive contribution, but functionally there is almost nothing for a day to day user. But here is a contribution. Why not make these improvements configurable in a new 'UI design' tab under preferences, with entries like vault line spacing, vault icon size, menu item spacing, menu items sequence, position of matching sites, number of matching sites etc. etc.
Last edited by Dick99999 on Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dick99999

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:17 pm

briden Wrote:how do I disable the 'update'?

do not want, after reading the comments here.

Most of the browsers will update automatically. You have the ability to toggle back to the old interface.
jpenny84

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback