LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, robyn, JoeSiegrist

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby eddiecalzone » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:01 pm

Emergency Access really raised the hair on the back of my neck as well. Is this LogMeIn relaxing the security, or looking to cash in on their investment by requiring targets to create accounts?

Actually, no. Reread their answer. Consider:

• LastPass does NOT have your decryption password. If you lose it, too bad. But they can't be compelled to divulge it, because they never had it in the first place.
  • In order for Emergency Access to work, they would either need your decryption password in order to share it with the recipient (bad bad bad), or the recipient would need public/private key access, as they explained. They chose the secure option, which requires the recipient to have an account. (No, they can't just "log the email address" for later, because key-pairs are based on the intended recipient's master password).
  • Ok, so what if the recipient creates a free account with a weak password? That's a new attack vector, right? That's very likely why Two-Factor Auth is now free for all accounts, even the free ones. Very user- and security-focused. WTG LastPass.

I get that it's not seamless. But in this case, sacrificing seamless for security is absolutely the right move.
Please, don't encourage some product manager at LogMeIn that the userbase prefers otherwise.
Last edited by eddiecalzone on Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
eddiecalzone

Re: LastPass 4.0 Emergency Access - Useless?

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:06 pm

tybrewer461 Wrote:First off, I love the idea of the Emergency Access. The ability for my family to access my accounts in an emergency is a great feature. Without the prior participation of a willing party, I can't use this feature.

But the requirement that my Emergency Contacts to first become LastPass users seems like nothing more than a "viral marketing" feature. When I tried to set up my brother as an emergency user, he was confused by the request. And until he actually becomes a LastPass user, I can't list him as an Emergency Contact. This is backwards.

This method creates a dependency - I (a paying customer) can't set up my Emergency Access users until other people join LastPass. That takes control away from me. I can't even add the Emergency Contact to my list unless they have PREVIOUSLY joined LastPass. The sequence is all wrong.

How to fix this:
Let me add my Emergency Access users today, and if (later on) they need to access my account, they can THEN join LastPass - and they're already on my list.

It's like AT&T only allowing you to call friends who are AT&T customers - a little heavy-handed in the attempt to grow the user base.

Details on how the emergency access feature works can be found here:

https://helpdesk.lastpass.com/emergency-access/
jpenny84

Re: Lastpass 4.0 so slow it is unusable

Postby jtaylor960 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:15 pm

jpenny84 Wrote:For the time being, you can switch back to the old interface. In your vault, click the picture in the upper right hand corner, and there should be a toggle button. Keep in mind though that eventually, the option to revert to the old interface will be switched off.

Please add a condensed list view to the existing Grid/List without the large icons and extra padding. There are many of us that use Lastpass predominately on a desktop computer with keyboard, mouse, and full size monitor. The new views may work better on a mobile device, but they're worse on a desktop.
jtaylor960

Postby jonat » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:21 pm

Check to make sure you actually have version 4.0 in Chrome - you may not.
jonat

Postby mrpicasso1881 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:39 pm

I dislike the new interface. Too large of a font is used with too much white space. And the graphics make it appear too childish and dumbed down. Also, the Emergency Access sounded good until I learned my emergency contacts have to be subscribers to Last Pass. Also, given that the options for how long they need to wait until they get access is either immediately or 3 hours and longer. Why not allow minutes? In an emergency and someone needs to look up key information that can only be accessed via one of my online accounts, waiting 3 hours is unacceptable. And immediate would give me no time to block someone gaining unauthorized access. Simply a no-go for me.
mrpicasso1881

Postby RRRick » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:41 pm

4.0 Stinks. It Smells Like LogMeIN. PU! Please leave / replace an option for simple (low-res) version like 3.0
When will LogMeIN discontinue the free version with 7 days warning?
When will the price double, then triple without subscriber notification, like LogMeIn Central.
We left LogMeIn because of the unethical, predatory business practices.
I guess this is the signal to start shopping for a new password manager.
LogMeIn burnt me once, burnt me twice, I will not get burned thrice!
- Unhappy LogMeIn former customer
RRRick

Postby RRRick » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:43 pm

RECENTLY USED category is missing in 4.0.
Is this "By Design" or an oversight?
Do you plan to add the RECENTLY USED folder back in?
It WAS the main place I go to run my business. Now I have to recreate manually with favorites?
RRRick

Postby griddleguy » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:04 pm

The big icons are beyond awful. It was an assault to the eyes. Please bring back a simple list with tiny icons or no icons at all. It takes forever to scroll through hundreds of sites to find even the section I'm looking for, never mind the specific site, and with every turn of the wheel my eyes are blinded again and again by the big boxes of color. Awful, awful, awful.
griddleguy

Postby RicardoSwe » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:12 pm

"In your vault, click the picture in the upper right hand corner, and there should be a toggle button."

Nope -- I have no toggle button.

Also, "Help center" button under the user icon -- does nothing. Does not work.

No whines about the interface. I'll deal with it.

Just went back to the profile button -- toggle now appears. (?)
Option to manually add a site no longer appears in the Chrome extension pull down menu. Found it in the vault view as a big + button. (Go figure. + is "add". Duh!)
Last edited by RicardoSwe on Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RicardoSwe

Postby beely » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:14 pm

RRRick Wrote:RECENTLY USED category is missing in 4.0.
Is this "By Design" or an oversight?
Do you plan to add the RECENTLY USED folder back in?
It WAS the main place I go to run my business. Now I have to recreate manually with favorites?

I have Recently used both in the browser plugin, and Sort by: Most Recent in the 4.0 Vault.

I really like the 4.0 interface.
beely

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback