LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby survivor7812 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:49 pm

Well, as of today on one of my pc's (just haven't checked the others yet), v.3.0 IS working. So, I will eat some crow if this is fixed across all my pc's. I am happy I may have been wrong, but this should be a wake up call to LastPass and any other company that has problems such as this and takes some time to fix. Could've lost a huge portion of the customer base... and actually may have lost substantial subscribership.
survivor7812

Postby tomtesttt » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:24 am

I Installed the Firefox plug in after rebulding my system, and now I notice the option to have the usualble previous interface is not GONE from the settings pull down. I do 90% on desktop, as with many other professionals, and this lasck of information and spaced out layout is HORRIBLE. I was serioulsy thinking of paying to get to my other devices, but this is a poor upgrade. Features hard to find, and lack of information and waste of space. SERIOUSLY, you cant put a "LAYOUT FOR THIS DEVICE" AND GIVE several options (ie, desktop/old/detailed .... desktop summary .... icons.... etc.

PLEASE LISTEN TO THE USERS.
tomtesttt

Postby redrock » Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:27 am

Reference: version 3 UI
From 1/9/17 until approximately 1/18, the v3 UI was not working in Chrome extension on Windows or Chromebook.
It is now working.
As noted earlier, I much prefer this UI primarily because of the increased line density and single value per column compared to v4.
Just FYI to community.
redrock

Postby kev473 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 7:33 pm

I use an enterprise and free account. Both have horrible overlapping for inputs where the form fill icon is. Unusable on majority of sites right now. Womp womp womp wompppppppppppp.
kev473

Postby leed632 » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:29 am

I'm also really not happy with the interface update. Yes your designers put in a lot of effort to make it look more "fancy", "minimalistic", "flat" or whatever the current marketing trend name is. Frankly I wouldn't bother writing a feedback if these changes would not impact my workflow, but they do. Sorry but nobody wants a nice look if it cripples usability.

Most changes are just a little more impractible, but the really bad part is the notification asking if you would like to save a new site. Where there used to be a nice thin banner above the site, we now get this notification-like block, that slowly animates over the top right section of the page... blocking out important parts of the website. Due to its overlapping you can't just ignore it, if you don't want to set a password, instead you have to wait for the animation to finish, only so you can click it away.

Also the automatic filling of login fields stopped working on many sites. I don't know how this is connected to the interface change, but it is annoying.
leed632

Postby MaxH42 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:00 am

I hardly ever use the Vault itself, but I am clicking on the little LastPass icon in the password or username field many, many times a day. That list that drops down now only shows THREE items, and for some work domains (which have many, many subdomains) I have dozens of passwords. Making the list items so huge is a horrible UI move, and toggling back to LP 3.0 does NOT change that dropdown list!

I've cancelled the renewal of my Premium support account, and with this and the unannounced changes in the UI (like that new splash page that had everyone panicking about having their LP accounts hijacked), I won't be recommending LastPass any longer.
MaxH42

Postby survivor7812 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:55 am

leed632 Wrote:I'm also really not happy with the interface update. Yes your designers put in a lot of effort to make it look more "fancy", "minimalistic", "flat" or whatever the current marketing trend name is. Frankly I wouldn't bother writing a feedback if these changes would not impact my workflow, but they do. Sorry but nobody wants a nice look if it cripples usability.

Most changes are just a little more impractible, but the really bad part is the notification asking if you would like to save a new site. Where there used to be a nice thin banner above the site, we now get this notification-like block, that slowly animates over the top right section of the page... blocking out important parts of the website. Due to its overlapping you can't just ignore it, if you don't want to set a password, instead you have to wait for the animation to finish, only so you can click it away.

Also the automatic filling of login fields stopped working on many sites. I don't know how this is connected to the interface change, but it is annoying.

Yep, nailed it. "Pretty" means nothing, and is a complete waste of engineer's time.
survivor7812

Postby rnc000800 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 8:03 am

The account selector when filling login forms is simply blank for me!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/407 ... -00-37.png
rnc000800

Postby ambiance » Tue Feb 14, 2017 9:58 pm

Can you please add a favicon.ico to the vault on Firefox? Chrome seems to have one built in, so no worries there. Thanks in advance.
ambiance

Postby nicole42 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:06 am

I am having a lot of trouble saving a new password. The dropdown text is so large, that I can't see the folders of my personal account folders (since it shows my email, which is long). Also, if I automatically click "yes" to save the password, it doesn't allow me to edit it or save it in a folder. My entire business is losing access to these passwords because they aren't going into folders! It's a nightmare! Please bring back the previous version!
nicole42

Previous

Return to Feedback