LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby diana992 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:35 am

After years of organizing and retrieving information from alphabetical lists, I'm MISERABLE using version 4.0. Grid view is a nightmare, and in list view, the icons and logos are still overwhelmingly distracting.

Think about it: companies spend millions of dollars on their brand images. Their logos are specifically designed to distract attention from everything around them. A page filled with these logos is the equivalent of Las Vegas at night: thousands of flashing neon signs screaming "Look at me! Look at me!"

Up to this point, I've liked LastPass well enough to pay for the premium version, but now it's driving me nuts. It would be inconvenient, to say the least, to switch to a new password organizer, but the temptation gets stronger every time I go to my vault.

Regarding the instructions to toggle back to version 3.0: When I hover over the "me" icon, I get "Account Settings," "Help Center," and "Logout." That's it. No toggle option.
diana992

U/I Continues to be Awful

Postby NHJonesy » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:51 pm

I hate how developers come up with U/Is that they think are "cool" to them but absolute junk when it comes to usability. The browser U/I is bad, and I just installed the Windows 10 app... I think I'm going to puke, this stuff is terrible.
NHJonesy

Postby bronskimac » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:33 am

Why is version 3.3.2 the one on the Firefox addons page?

I recently re-installed Windows and started with a fresh Firefox adding all my usual extensions from the addons site. I then spent several days trying to figure out why Firefox was so slow, sometimes hanging completely. When I installed Firefox Nightly, to see if it fixed the slowness, it promptly started telling me that Lasspass was slowing it down. Finally, I found on the Forum that version 4 should fix it, which it has. I'd forgotten I'd upgraded to 4 on my previous install and had assumed I'd get the newest version form the addons store.

Seams daft to me that the latest version is not being served from the Firefox Addons site.

I'd also like to add my grumble about the interface. I use the form fill frequently and extra clicks in version four to fill forms is irritating.
bronskimac

Postby nipajim264 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:57 am

LastPass 4.0 Is Here

:o Absolutely terrible ... if it doesn't improve this paying customer is gone ...
nipajim264

Postby randmjacobs360209 » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:24 pm

Absolutely amazing to me that LastPass has ZERO input to this forum. A company that ignores its customers will ultimately fail...history says this is true.
randmjacobs360209

Postby krc426 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Just wanted to chime in and agree that version 4 sucks. Fortunately you can access the older versions if you want to uninstall 4 and reinstall 3.3, which is what I had to do until LP developers fix this crapware ui
krc426

Postby andy355 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 3:18 pm

If it does any good to add on to the list of users who do not like the new interface. I've used LastPass for many years and recently converted or company to using it a couple years ago. However as of today my part-time job is fielding complaints from our team about how they change back. The grid view on input field is just hard to see and find what I'm looking for. As a developer, we have many sites/domains that we have numerous log-ins for. Searching through 30 logins in grid view is no fun :( . Please think twice about this.
andy355

Postby survivor7812 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 7:01 pm

59 pages, beginning the day v.4.0 was released... a year ago! Does it really take that long to get the idea that vast swathes of the customer base are, shall we say, unhappy with the v.4.0 interface? I think not. This tells anyone with half a brain that Last Pass, LogMeIn, whoever, doesn't really care if some of their base doesn't like it, so long as others do. (Does anyone actually like 4.0?) No compromise.

And I'm still waiting for that alleged fix for the latest error that is affecting perhaps thousands of users including corporate customers.
survivor7812

Postby jpenny84 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:44 pm

andy355 Wrote:If it does any good to add on to the list of users who do not like the new interface. I've used LastPass for many years and recently converted or company to using it a couple years ago. However as of today my part-time job is fielding complaints from our team about how they change back. The grid view on input field is just hard to see and find what I'm looking for. As a developer, we have many sites/domains that we have numerous log-ins for. Searching through 30 logins in grid view is no fun :( . Please think twice about this.

Use the buttons in the upper right hand corner to switch to list view and compact the interface.
jpenny84

Postby rbaboo618 » Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:45 am

What have you done?
Don't you remember the saying " don't fix it if it ain't broken,"
I don't want eye candy, I want simple and efficient which this version is not.
Now I have to click TWICE to fill the psw field.
Great job Lastpass <sarcasm>
Looks like it's time to move on to some other password manager.
rbaboo618

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback