LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby snowbound999 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:19 pm

The horrible formatting and wrap around in the Firefox 4.x extension is because by default the Lastpass extension has the "Open extension pages in dialogs" enabled. This causes the horrid wrap around and display issues in Firefox. In Google Chrome this option can remain checked and the dialog window displays properly because the dialog window is resizable unlike in Firefox. If that option is unchecked in Firefox extension then the dialog screens are displayed in a tab in Firefox browser itself and look a lot better. This is an option that is enabled by default in the extension and not one that I would of had any reason to touch. The issue is not related to zoom factor since that was the first thing I checked when I noticed this issue.
snowbound999

Re: Latest update is horrible

Postby mathead » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:37 am

I absolutely agree with you. The 4.xx update is a nightmare of uglyness, inconsistency, blockyness and features that once worked and are now broken.
I don't even know what the big tiles that replace the convenient list are meant to represent. Also, I can't consistently set a language and I can't generate secure passwords anymore either. But the worst: it is sloooow. I really don't get it. I worked in IT as a developer for interfaces and the 3.xx interface was genius. The 4.xx is a disaster.

I know, I can 'revert' to the 3.xx interface, but it only reverts the vault, not the menus and all that.

It's about as bad as what windows 8 was to Windows 7. Ugh!
mathead

Postby mathead » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:38 am

I absolutely agree with you. The 4.xx update is a nightmare of uglyness, inconsistency, blockyness and features that once worked and are now broken.
I don't even know what the big tiles that replace the convenient list are meant to represent. Also, I can't consistently set a language and I can't generate secure passwords anymore either. But the worst: it is sloooow. I really don't get it. I worked in IT as a developer for interfaces and the 3.xx interface was genius. The 4.xx is a disaster.

I know, I can 'revert' to the 3.xx interface, but it only reverts the vault, not the menus and all that.

mathead

Postby AndreiVas » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:19 pm

mathead Wrote:I absolutely agree with you. The 4.xx update is a nightmare of uglyness, inconsistency, blockyness and features that once worked and are now broken.

If you don't want to see tiles turn them off! The display menus are right there in the vault .........
AndreiVas

Re: Error opening Lastpass when Chrome opens

Postby redrock » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:31 pm

Ditto survivor's comment.

To LP management/development team, many, even microsoft, have realized, eventually, that dense/functional user interfaces are much preferred in large screen, desktops, laptops, etc, over image laden, low density "pretty" UIs. I also request you keep v3 as a choice.
redrock

Re: Error opening Lastpass when Chrome opens

Postby yesmate » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:35 pm

Another vote for V3.0. I cannot stand 4.0. Now I'm getting the error also. What gives?? :x
yesmate

Postby LuleNZ » Wed Jan 11, 2017 10:09 pm

Another vote for the return of the 3.0 interface please, it is so much more compact and useful on a PC than the 4.x interface. I can see where the 4.x interface is probably quite good on a very small, touch screen, device (no personal experience though) but I don't use one of those for serious work - which is when I typically need to access the large number of password records we store.
LuleNZ

Postby iwan971 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:05 am

My Lastpass is broken, I swtiched to V3 the day V4 was rolled out and now I'm forced to use V4. For me that's the end of LastPass. It's unusable, I'm icon dyslexic and the amount of space filled with unusefull graphics instead of usefull date makes searching for the right information in my 2000+ items almost impossible.

I have just downloaded all my data into an excel sheet just to be able to find the information I'm after.

LastPass is now useless.

Please bring back the old version ASAP.

ps. also very nice to inform your users by displaying a random error in Chrome without any clue whats going on.
iwan971

Postby Murklin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:00 am

I have to agree with the majority of posts here, update to 4.0 is absolutely horrible. Everything is so spread out, huge clunky interface, can't see edit/launch/etc tools unless you hover over the exact item first. Every time I log into the vault it nags me about the tour, it doesn't save my settings so I have to change the view and then shrink the view as much as possible every time. Over time the interface has just gotten bigger and more spread out, it was too large for me with 3, but 4 is just unbearable, especially with having to jump through the same multiple hoops every time I log in.

You really need to hire someone with a sense of aesthetics for the design portion and not just coding skill. In the meantime, I'm now going to try and hopefully downgrade to 3. I've been paying for LP for awhile now, but that will stop when this term is up.
Murklin

Postby randmjacobs360209 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:37 pm

Add me to the list of people who HATE v4.0. I see a bunch are leaving for Enpass. Can anyone tell me if Enpass will import my passwords from LP? If so, either give me v3.0 or my wife and I are gone.
randmjacobs360209

PreviousNext

Return to Feedback