LastPass 4.0 Is Here

What do you love about LastPass? What do you hate about it? Tell us why you like it, why you don't, and why.

Moderators: admin, anatoly_LP, chantieLP, JoeSiegrist, robyn

LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:06 am

LastPass today announced version 4.0. The update includes user interface refreshes and additional features. You can learn more about the changes on their blog:

https://blog.lastpass.com/2016/01/intro ... -4-0.html/

Highlights from LastPass 4.0 include:

- A new look and feel, featuring a more visual vault experience with big icons, simpler navigation, and bolder colors.
- Emergency Access for the peace of mind that trusted friends and family can manage your data in case of an emergency.
- A new Sharing Center that offers one, central location to easily manage shared passwords in a secure, encrypted way, including Shared Folders for Premium and Enterprise users.
- Plus lots of behind-the-scenes improvements for better speed, performance, and security.
jpenny84

Re: LastPass 4.0 Is Here

Postby WTFNow » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:55 am

It takes up way too much space, both the Grid (really really terrible!) and List (really terrible). Please bring back the old interface!
WTFNow

New update

Postby unhappy123 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:59 am

Wanted to drop a line and say how much I dislike the new interface. Useful features I previously used are now considerably more difficult to access. Sometimes the most difficult thing to do is to do nothing, and you designers should have done exactly that. A good piece of software just took a turn for the worse.
unhappy123

Postby jtaylor960 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:36 am

I have to agree that this redesign is a disappointment. What we needed were useful improvements in usability that would allow us to better organize the hundreds of passwords that we have entered. Things like sub-folders and/or tags. Or the ability to change a note type rather than having to recreate it. Today we have to resort to using prefixes in the description whenever we create an entry (ie: WEB: AD:, LOCAL: etc.) so that we can organize our content within the limitations of a single folder hierarchy. The changes you made don't help us organize content at all. Instead, they just force us to scroll even more to find what we are looking for. The big tiles and icons waste space without adding value.
jtaylor960

LastPass 4.0 Bug

Postby dan128 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:36 am

When sharing a folder, after inviting other users, I click Save Changes and a green bar appears at the top of the screen saving "Success - Permissions Saved." Then I click the close button and it pops up a dialog that says: "Changes you have made have not been saved. Are you sure you want to close?" I have tested this and it is a repeatable sequence, but only after inviting a new user to the shared folder. No other changes are made and nothing is clicked between clicking "Save Changes" and "Close".
dan128

Postby root705 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:49 am

I really do not like the new interface, it takes me much longer to scroll because of the sausage fingered spacing that wastes too much space on my 1920x1080 screen. Not all of us are touchscreen users, some of us still use a mouse and don't need super big spacing and icons. Please allow us to get a compact and efficient view. List view is still way too large.
root705

Emergency Access is a Failure (Marketing?)

Postby daveneener641 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:56 am

Let me start by saying I love LastPass and plan on being a premium subscriber for some time to come. AND, I plan on getting my wife subscribed soon. That said, the email I received announcing Emergency Access in 4.0 gave me false hope. The fact that I cannot add emergency contacts whom I trust, without them first being Last Pass subscribers, fails from my point of view. I should be able to have a spouse / friend / relative / etc be able to get into my account in an emergency (with my approval), without their needing to sign-up...even if it's a very limited access.

I tried to add my wife as my emergency contact, but was told I could not since she wasn't a subscriber and would I like LP to send her an invitation. This feels like marketing / clickbaiting. But if I somehow missed the ability to add her as an approved emergency access contact, without her needing to do anything at the moment, please let me know.

Thanks!
daveneener641

Postby maureenmuncy157 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:14 pm

Agree with everyone saying 4.0 sucks, sucks, sucks, sucks. Did I mention it SUCKS -- I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE how much space it takes up, makes it very hard to find what I want. And I have to hit "edit" to see my Secure Note??? Can I pay to have it rolled back to an earlier version?? Is there a way to go back to the older view??? This is horrible, not all of us use phones/tablets to do our work. PLEASE consider letting us have a condensed or older version of this.
maureenmuncy157

Re: Emergency Access is a Failure (Marketing?)

Postby jpenny84 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:23 pm

daveneener641 Wrote:Let me start by saying I love LastPass and plan on being a premium subscriber for some time to come. AND, I plan on getting my wife subscribed soon. That said, the email I received announcing Emergency Access in 4.0 gave me false hope. The fact that I cannot add emergency contacts whom I trust, without them first being Last Pass subscribers, fails from my point of view. I should be able to have a spouse / friend / relative / etc be able to get into my account in an emergency (with my approval), without their needing to sign-up...even if it's a very limited access.

I tried to add my wife as my emergency contact, but was told I could not since she wasn't a subscriber and would I like LP to send her an invitation. This feels like marketing / clickbaiting. But if I somehow missed the ability to add her as an approved emergency access contact, without her needing to do anything at the moment, please let me know.

Thanks!

The reason why an account is required is because asymmetric cryptography is used to share data. The simplest way to create and implement the public and private keys is through the extension.
jpenny84

Site-search looks outdated, even more now 4.0 is available

Postby bdalenoord » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:26 pm

I like the new design a lot, there's however one apparently simple thing that bugs me quite a lot:
The site-search option in Chrome is still using the old design, it feels so outdated compared to the site-search available in Firefox... It looks really old as well, and seems easy enough to be fixed for most of the features are already available in the default interface...

Site-search is still very convenient because it is avaiable under a shortcut, focusses on the search-field immediately and allows the topmost result to be opened by pressing enter...
bdalenoord

Next

Return to Feedback